LegacyGT.com

Little Worried about this

papajon1000

So I just bought an LGT last weekend and absolutely love it but I logged for the first time tonight and found out the ECU was pulling timing with FBKC. I then pulled the map and found the Fine correction range to be still at 2.20 g/rev. Keep in mind it is a stage 3.

What do you guys think? I'm nervous that it has been doing this for quite a while. Is extended use of FBKC hurting anything?

any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jon

FBKC does not necessarily indicate a problem. But if you're running an aftermarket tune you should be logging periodically anyway, just on principle.

What was your IAM?

The best way to see what's up would be to increase the FLKC limit to something well above what your motor really pulls (e.g. 5.0) and then log several pulls. Make sure the logs include FBKC, FLKC, and IAM.

After each pull, check for FLKC. If you see any, reset the ECU before logging another pull. It helps to set the initial IAM to 1.0 when you're doing this kind of thing.

LV wouldn't hurt, but if it's not perfectly clean then you'll need to log to find out where to pull timing anyway, so I'd go straight to logging.

Post up a LV screenshot. Was the car from a different area/state where the gas could be different?

I will post up what I have later today. I have class in a bit and photobucket is being a PITA. Yeah the car was from wisconsin and I'm from MN. Might be slightly different but I will try a different station next time I fill up.

FBKC does not necessarily indicate a problem. But if you're running an aftermarket tune you should be logging periodically anyway, just on principle.

What was your IAM?

The best way to see what's up would be to increase the FLKC limit to something well above what your motor really pulls (e.g. 5.0) and then log several pulls. Make sure the logs include FBKC, FLKC, and IAM.

After each pull, check for FLKC. If you see any, reset the ECU before logging another pull. It helps to set the initial IAM to 1.0 when you're doing this kind of thing.

LV wouldn't hurt, but if it's not perfectly clean then you'll need to log to find out where to pull timing anyway, so I'd go straight to logging.

I will be logging from now on. My friend is letting me borrow his tatrix cable for a bit until mine gets here. I don't know if it matters but it had a cobb accessport on right now and I'm going to ditch that for opensource.

again I will post a screenshot of my log later but IAM stayed at 1 the entire pull.

I was planning on increaseing the load anyway but will try what you suggested.

I am new to the subaru game but I have been reading up in the tuning area for over a month now and I am trying to pick up as much as I can and I am ready to learn as much as I can.

thanks again

Jon

Why would you ditch the access port? Is it a V1 or V2? If it is a V2, you can get the tuning software for free from Cobb and it allows you to log and tune in real time. It is pretty nice stuff. It is pretty much the same as the pro-tuner software.

Why would you ditch the access port? Is it a V1 or V2? If it is a V2, you can get the tuning software for free from Cobb and it allows you to log and tune in real time. It is pretty nice stuff. It is pretty much the same as the pro-tuner software.

its a v1

You can use open-source tools with APV1 tunes. EcuFlash will download and upload the ROMs, RomRaider can edit them, etc. I think you'll need a new cable to reflash, but you can log with the APV1 cable.

The only thing you can't do is post your tunes at RomRaider for discussion. How much that matters is up to you.

You can use open-source tools with APV1 tunes. EcuFlash will download and upload the ROMs, RomRaider can edit them, etc. I think you'll need a new cable to reflash, but you can log with the APV1 cable.

The only thing you can't do is post your tunes at RomRaider for discussion. How much that matters is up to you.

Just to be clear...custom tunes are usually locked down by the tuner. They will usually keep all the important adjustments on the real time map...something that cannot be editied by RR.

I would not mess with the map if it is a custom tune cobb tune.

So I upped the load values in the Fine learning and pulled a bit of timing but it still knocks and still pulls timing in feedback. Any ideas on why it won't pull any timing in fine learning? Any feedback will help

Thanks

Jon

What is the load limit for FLKC? Are you sure you upped the correct values, and didn't get it backwards?

Do you ever get anything in the Fine learning table.

I took a look at those logs, and unless you are logging right after a reflash that knock would usually go into the FLKC table.

Just to be clear...custom tunes are usually locked down by the tuner. They will usually keep all the important adjustments on the real time map...something that cannot be editied by RR.

I would not mess with the map if it is a custom tune cobb tune.

Good points, thanks. I remember LBGT said he is/was using RR together with Cobb, but those details escaped me.

What is the load limit for FLKC? Are you sure you upped the correct values, and didn't get it backwards?

Do you ever get anything in the Fine learning table.

I took a look at those logs, and unless you are logging right after a reflash that knock would usually go into the FLKC table.

the load limit was set to 2.2 as a high and now i set it to 3.5.

No I have not gotten anything in the Fine learning table.

I also thought the knock would also go into the FLKC table but now that I think about it I logged right after I pulled the map off for the first time. I finally think I have pulled enough timing so it shouldn't knock anymore.

Thanks for the help

Jon

the load limit was set to 2.2 as a high and now i set it to 3.5.

No I have not gotten anything in the Fine learning table.

I also thought the knock would also go into the FLKC table but now that I think about it I logged right after I pulled the map off for the first time. I finally think I have pulled enough timing so it shouldn't knock anymore.

Thanks for the help

Jon

pm sent

Archived