LegacyGT.com

Koni Settings

Blue

For those of you with the adjustable Koni shock absorbers on your cars, what damping level have you set? If you would... post:

Car (ex. 2005 Legacy GT Wagon, base, 5MT)

Springs (ex. Swift)

Koni knob position Front

Koni knob position Rear

Do these adjust to near OE ride quality in terms of damping or are they always stiffer than stock?

It depends on the springs too. But it can be adjusted so the ride is better then stock ride quality.

Compression is fixed at a higher value than stock, but rebound is adjustable. You can get it to feel pretty close with the right springs, but if stock-like is what you want, go with GR2s. They're cheaper (by about half).

I've read, from someone who has installed a lot of Konis, that the lowest and highest half turns make so little difference as to be virtually useless. The usable adjustment range is in between those points.

I've read, from someone who has installed a lot of Konis, that the lowest and highest half turns make so little difference as to be virtually useless. The usable adjustment range is in between those points.

Possibility could be they've lowered their car too much, are riding the bump stops, and get little use from the adjustment.

Lt.C:

This info doesn't come from installed struts, it comes from measurements on a shock dyno. He also goes on to say that there's enough variation from shock to shock that he would buy them in lots, dyno them all, and match them up to sell them. That way 1 turn from full soft isn't way different from side to side on the same car.

Want it from the horses mouth? Here's more info then you ever though you wanted to know.

Lt.C:

This info doesn't come from installed struts, it comes from measurements on a shock dyno. He also goes on to say that there's enough variation from shock to shock that he would buy them in lots, dyno them all, and match them up to sell them. That way 1 turn from full soft isn't way different from side to side on the same car.

Want it from the horses mouth? Here's more info then you ever though you wanted to know.

Thanks, good info to know.

I was basing my comments on posts made before by other users. Some people have had to trim down the white plastic bump stops in order to get a better range of travel, since with some lowered springs they were virtually riding on the bump stops most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

2007 Legacy 2.5i Touring (4EAT)

Vogtland springs

Front: 1.25 turns from full soft

Rear: 1.25 turns from full soft

I ran them at 0.50 turns from full soft front & rear for the first week. After they "broke-in", it got softer and bouncier so I bumped it up to my current settings.

2005 LGT

Epic springs

Front:1.5 turns from soft

Rear:1 turn from soft

Rides better than stock I think. I live in the poconos so we have a lot of mountain roads and what not. Holds great in corners and forgiving on bumps and dips. As for pot holes, well just avoid them lol.

Nothing special really. Once you peel back the trunk lining, remove the rubber seal/cap with your fingernails and start turning that knob! It's definitely a tighter fit in the rear, the knob kinda rubs against the body of the car while you're turning, but it's doable

Archived