LegacyGT.com

Is my car ultra rare?

Alright!! Rare it is!

hmm.. now I'm gonna have to call Suby and get production numbers on my Wagon.. I've never ever seen another 'Special Edition' My dealer told me it was a Year end type promo, they took some dealer stock 2.5's and gussied them up with some GT bling.. don't know if it's an Actual Scooby sanctioned modification, or a Dealer thing.. every place I look always designates it as a "L-SE" even subaru.com

seriously though, my lament was at a seeming lack of 03 owners that have done mods installs etc.. so hard finding non-05/06 info. And our cars are completely different from the inside out.

Thanks tho.. :)

PS.. I know, I'm getting laughed at probably..I can hear it now..

"who's this dude think he is? can't he read the site name ... LegacyGT.com GEEE TEEE... no SE, no L... lol.. what a nerd!"

muwhahaha

Certain '03's were called the SE or "Special Edition" package on Legacy L's, it's not very rear...kind of a step in between a regular Legacy L and a GT.

...for '04 the same package got a power drivers seat added and was called the 35th Anniversary Edition....

Yeah Opie.. My car is without the engine and some other interior creature comforts. Namely, Power seats, kickin' sound system, and side curtain air-bags. Thats about it that I could tell.

They had an Aspen White GT 5MT with Tan Leather when I got my SE, as well as a GT identicle to my car. I knew I should just antied up the extra 4k and gone for that White GT.. grr.. *kicks self in arse again for 100tragillionth time*

Yeah Opie.. My car is without the engine... I knew I should just antied up the extra 4k and gone for that White GT.. grr.. *kicks self in arse again for 100tragillionth time*

Or at least, you should have antied up for the "engine" option.

I'm all for diversity on this site. Some of the coolest cars here are older Legacies.

Some of the coolest cars here are older Legacies.

Damn straight! Rarity with Subies, is where you are located. Up here in Vermont there are trillions of Subies around. The majority of them are older Legacies, usually L models and Wagons. Its still fun to try to spot older GT's like mine and not just L's dressed up like one.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Forgot to metion, also a 2003. I guess that's the only year they had the "Special Edition"

I think they had the same car in '04 but called it something different. I think they tried to get rid of overstocked parts for LGTs because they knew they were redesigning in '05, thus the "Special Edition."

It was a GREAT deal though...paid $18,350 for mine brand new WITH a Subaru factory security system. As of this weekend, put the full front-end cover on after a complete detail. Will have to get a pic with it on. Looks sharp with the black bra.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/mark_nuz/MyCar006.jpg

I hear ya Gemini on that Doggie haul'in and Kid haul'in, Wife haul'in groceries...

Turbo... unfortunately, our engines aren't capable of taking much boost compared to the 2.5 they stick in the Rex's, I think it's got different heads.

I wait till the day I can get my Rex and pass the SE to the wifey.

Some day.

I'll be putting some pics up tonight hopefully.

Hey gemini, any mods planned?

Also..

The "SE" basically became the 35th Anniversary Edition in '04

And after doing a little research, and calling my dealer, the "SE"

was exactly, Putting GT parts on L's to get them out the door.

I don't think Suby officially designated the cars as "SE" from the factory.

So basically, we have L's with GT parts and nothing more...which means, they are more or less aftermarket modified and not 'special' from the factory which pretty much whacks our "rarity". Thats a shame. :(

Archived