LegacyGT.com

That bitch Irene took my power, when did she take yours?

BigBlack-V

Since 230pm yesterday I have had no power. One dead tree fell in my yard and another huge branch also. The yard is a mess and my parents havent had power since 530am yesterday morning.

WTF Irene thank alot

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Southern RI here, no power anywhere except at work! WTF? I had my genny going full steam for 13 hours yesterday. Cranked her up for showers this AM. I hope we get power back by tonight. Lots of lines down everywhere near my house. I had to drive UNDER a utility pole that dropped across the road to get to work this AM. Good thing I don't have an Outback, wouldn't have made it under the pole.:eek:

Around 2am the power went out (sunday morning). Came back on around 1pm. No big deal. We were out of town for the storm, so nothing exciting happened. My parents dock was just barely under water, and no damage to the house at all.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Depends on the freezer and the food.

I typically throw stuff out at the 12 hour mark for the fridge, and the 24 hour mark for fully-frozen items.

A good idea would be to try and go get ice. Pack perishables in a cooler with lots of ice to keep it safe.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Depends on the freezer and the food.

I typically throw stuff out at the 12 hour mark for the fridge, and the 24 hour mark for fully-frozen items.

A good idea would be to try and go get ice. Pack perishables in a cooler with lots of ice to keep it safe.

I brought some of the perishables from the fridge at home to work we have a small fridge here. As for the fridge and freezer its a newer (2006) Maytag and its been 20 hours since we lost power.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Does anyone know how long food is good for us a fridge/freezer?

depends how many times you've opened the door since the power went out...

I get freaked out by food going bad, so I always error on the side of caution.

If I didn't see the weather forecast I would have had no idea there was a hurricane outside. I didn't get any rain in the afternoon, it was blustery, but no crazy wind.

Just a rainy day for me.

no power at home since 8AM Sunday, lots of trees on power lines all around town. Got generator this morning, at least I will have the freezer going.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

^ congrats mine came on at 6pm i brought the trash out to the street and on my way back the garage light was on. I said NO WAY and ran inside and cracked a few beers:)

yeah dude, i was pretty excited. wasnt about to have a 330am beer though :lol:

Still no power here in southern RI EXCEPT for at work. :mad:

I have no clean clothes, I look like Joe Shit the rag Man!

Funny thing is I have not seen ONE National Grid crew or truck.

shoulda done the smart thing and done laundry on Saturday.

Still no power and no running water since i have well on the property. Doing some good grilling though. We have lots of big trees down and on the wires in our woods and on Rt 102, untill they clear that I don't see power coming back. Saw National Grid truck with Georgia plates two nights ago at Home Depot intersection in NK.

Nothing wrong with having A beer at 330AM :)

Time to invest in Yamaha inverter generator. Looking to buy one before Katya arrives...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I can't sleep with the rattle of generators running all night thru the neighborhood. WTF? Shut it off when you go to asleep, run it all day?

Murat, Yamaha, Honda and Generac are the quietest and very efficent. My Generac will run 10-12 hours on 3 gallons of gas! Call me if you need help feeding it into your house. I can show you my set up, goes right into the fuse block and feeds 120V to both sides.

I can't sleep with the rattle of generators running all night thru the neighborhood. WTF? Shut it off when you go to asleep, run it all day?

chances are, theyre probably running their fridges and sumps and other necessities. how about you stop being a girl and get some ear plugs if you really cant sleep

Archived