LegacyGT.com

LGT - sleeper or just plain lucky?

djkxgo0k

so im merging onto the highway, and as i'm merging i see this silver mercedes E500, tinted windows, and big chrome rims in the lane i'm trying to merge into. as i speed up slightly, he does too, preventing me from merging.

i get ticked off, double clutch downshift into third and launch. i fly past him and before i know it i'm going 110mph. ten seconds later, a black vehicle pulls up behind me. blue lights start flashing. i'm thinking "...oh sh*t. i'm F*CKed."

i move over to the far right lane. as soon as i do, the cop turns off his lights. he drives up next to me for a few seconds, then speeds off.

...does he...not...realize... i just...did 110 in a 55? :lol:

anyways. i feel that were i in a flashier car, i would not have been so lucky. LGT = sleeperrrrrr

cop: "there's no way that family sedan was the one goin that fast.. must've been a different car further up..." :p

anyone else got any interesting popo stories?

Although not police related, I had some trailer trash asshat a few weeks ago who wouldn't get off my bumper. He thought his 92 Buick Century would just keep up my ass from a stop at a light. He was wrong. About 15 car lengths wrong by the time I lifted. Just like the Hispanic guys in the focus right after I got my car also. Same deal. For about 6 miles, up my ass. Finally traffic clears and I disappeared.

+1:rolleyes:

The same thing happened, minus the Benz, it was a ricer!:lol::lol: Some dude in a pissed off mosquito sounding Accord :spin:thought he was being fun, not so much. So down shifted and flew, got in front of him and then of course here comes an unmarked '07 Mustang GT. Lights in the grill pulls up behind me, and then pulls off to go find the buzzing MOSQUITO!:eek: A few miles down the road the party lights are on, and the Accord was getting F****D:lol: I love my car!

sleeper really. but a little of both.

since it's on topic for this thread... but generally not accepted on this site. ;)

The other night i'm coming home about 9pm, not even caring to do anything other than Cruise control to get home. This Mustang pulls along side me at a stop. i don't care, we take off normaly but i'm like a nose ahead of him... at about 25-30 he gets ticked that he's "losing" and speeds up... :lol: whatever.

next stop, same thing.... but he's real aggressive taking off. it's a short span between stops, and you always get stopped at the next one...

this time i start rolling before him, but still a "normal" take off. he's mad that i'm "beating him" and floors it. i hear his tires chirp, so i floor it... and blow his ass away. :cool:

i back off once i've let it be known he sucks and has no prayer... i turn my head to look at him as he passes... he slows down and he has his window down and he's flipping me off.... :lol: he then proceeds to floor it and doing about 60+ in a 35.

then little red and blue lights go chase the Mustang... where the cop pulled out, i was still doing maybe 45ish... but the cop went directly after the mustang.

i don't street race, it's stupid. but i do like to get under some peoples skin on the street sometimes.

My guess was that the cop you saw was heading to another call already. Probably just lit you up to let you know that you were getting very lucky. I would count your blessings on that one.......................and good way to shut up the fancy shmancy car owners!

i had the opposite luck! motorcycle cop with the radar out pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for doing 65 in a 60! i was driving through seattle about 5:30-6 so lots of cars around and was in the fast lane with cars on all sides in the flow of traffic. i get lots of tickets so i ALWAYS stay on the cruise control and i wasn't this time because the traffic was too thick..... lame... i also have a radar detector and slowed down right when it started beeping, but man that sucked.. $100

My guess was that the cop you saw was heading to another call already. Probably just lit you up to let you know that you were getting very lucky. I would count your blessings on that one.//
That sounds right. 110 would be driving to endanger in most states, you wouldn't skate on that.

i had the opposite luck! motorcycle cop with the radar out pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for doing 65 in a 60! i was driving through seattle about 5:30-6 so lots of cars around and was in the fast lane with cars on all sides in the flow of traffic. i get lots of tickets so i ALWAYS stay on the cruise control and i wasn't this time because the traffic was too thick..... lame... i also have a radar detector and slowed down right when it started beeping, but man that sucked.. $100
I got rid of radar detectors years ago because if you get stopped and they see it, it is nearly 100% likely you're going to get a ticket. I suppose if you could hide the installation well enough and mask your driving behavior well enough, they would be worthwhile.

Most people absorb their first few tickets, then start fighting them. Bad strategy as once they see you have some citations, they are more likely to assume you're a chronic speeder. Fight the first one!

Anyone watch the series "Speeders," on TV? It's quite funny and mostly demonstrates what not to do.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

WOAH WOAH!! easy on us hispanics, wheres the love lol.. j/k im not sensitive to that kinda stuff.. actually my co-workers call my rolla da sp*camobile, of course all in good fun

lol hispanic guys are freakin hilarious in their el diablos (ghetto riced out civics)

Actually my daily driver is a riced out 94 toyota corolla, http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2173728&postcount=66 so correction.. Here in jersey its riced out civics and toyotas (mostly ol'school toyotas), with our countries flag hanging from the rear view mirror :p

Even better when they have Daddy Yankee playing through blown subs.:rolleyes:

Imagine us rollin up to you in a stoplight blaring country music or britney spears type stuff? Just wouldn't look right lol But Daddy Yankee? nah, more like Don omar :lol: Actually, i prefer neither.. im more of a calle 13 guy.. and yes my speakers are blown lol

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what you were driving. It's pure, dumb luck. If I were the cop, I'd have ticketed you in a heartbeat, for driving that fast on a public street.

The speed kills propaganda works, I guess. 110 mph is not fast on public highway (it wasn't street I assume) given proper conditions, regardless of what underposted revenue generating stupid laws say.

Archived