LegacyGT.com

18in rims

I would imagine not, since your car runs 205/55/16.

The 205 is basically the tire width measured in millimeters. Which means that the width of the tire is 205 millimeters (from inner sidewall to the outer sidewall).

Then the 55 is the Aspect Ratio. The aspect ratio is a number that indicates the height of the sidewall (from the edge of the inner rim to the tread) in relation to the section width. In our example we have an aspect ratio of 55, this means that the height of the sidewall is 55% of our section width of 205mm. The higher the aspect ratio - the higher the sidewall, the lower the aspect ratio - the lower the sidewall.

Sorry if I wasn't clear: I'm saying I've put OEM 2000+ 16" rims running 225/60-16's on first gen (96-99) Outbacks without issue. I am talking about Outbacks, which run slightly taller tires than Legacy.

As 225/60-16's are actually about 1.5" taller overall than 225/40-18's, I know they'd fit an Outback. Legacy, dunno. If they're local, drive over, bolt one on each end of the car and see if they clear.

This is handy for answering questions like this:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

205/55-16 to 225/40-18 is only 0.2" taller, 0.6" longer circumference.

it really is all about the offset^

with maybe 5-10mm spacers you'll get the tire off the perch but im sure if theyre OEM subaru wheels youll hit it

I'm running 235/45/17 and im about .0000000000000000005" off the perch with the offset of 4thgen Legacy wheels

Archived