LegacyGT.com

Corrossion build-up near turbo (pics)

So in my never-ending quest to find the source of smoke that pours out from under the hood at every stoplight, I have identified one suspicious hose:

This is looking just under the engine cover, right above the turbo. You can see the turbo-to-IC connection front and center, and the banjo bolt to the left (clearly not leaking).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/academyracer/213AF431-A962-41BC-95C5-B5E6DCEF2E09-2104-000000E97144B06F.jpg

Any ideas what this hose carries? Anyone else have this issue?

Now I can see the picture, any auto parts store will have a piece of coolant hose to fit that.

Remember to burp the system. I like Peak Global 50/50 premix, that's what I topped mine off with.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Discovered the same thing with mine the other day. The hose had actually sort of popped off. I could easily slide it up and down and pull it off. It would drip down to the chassis and the Up pipe would cause it to burn.

do not over torque the valve cover bolts, they are only 10mm's and torque rating is something around 10ft lbs. the bolts will easily break and stretch if over tightened.

GREAT tip right there, snug them up. if they leak you can snug them a little more.

Learned that the hard way on a Honda.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived