LegacyGT.com

2006 gt

greenkidd

Hey all, obviously I'm a noob here. Well, I've been looking to getting into a Subie and first started with WRX but thought I probably needed a bigger back seat for car seats and have always liked the 2005-09 models. I test drove an '06 GT yesterday and really liked it.

However, while I was accelerating (probably @50% throttle) a kind of loud sound came from the engine. It sounded like intake noise and to me was beyond a turbo whistle. The best I can describe is kind of like a high pitched French horn if you know your instruments! So is this normal? I'm guessing not and the salesman heard it too, so at least I know I'm not crazy. It did look like it had a Subaru Performance Tuning intake on it but that's it for mods. Otherwise, I really liked it if I could talk the price down ($15.6k with 91k miles). What do you guys think?

I know the K&N Typhoon allows you to hear a lot of noise as the intake silencer is gone, AFAIK. I have it on my 06 Spec b and when I test drove it I was also alarmed. The Typhoon sounds more like a...typhoon...fluttery wind. Make the sales staff explain it and ensure it's not a problem.

I'm sure others will comment.

Archived