LegacyGT.com

Tail happy Legacy

oxide

07MY Legacy 2.0R here with stock 16" rims. Changed to Bridgestone RE001 after about 60K. Currently around 80K.

These tires were pretty cheap when I bought them and wondered why considering they were supposed to be sportier tires?

Either way, over the last year or so I've felt my Leggy to be a bit more tail happy than usual. Normal city 90 degree turns with higher than usual acceleration result in slight loss in control. This is VERY apparent when the road is even slightly wet. It is so much that I could easily enter a controlled drift if I wanted to on a slightly wet surface.

Bendy turns can also introduce some skid at a bit higher speeds/acceleration. But this is something I've only noticed over the last year or so and I don't think my driving style has changed that drastically to introduce this tail happiness. Is it the tires or could there be something wrong with the diff?

Are you the original owner? If not how many mi at time of purchase?

I'm guessing that it's the tires over the diff but more info on your suspension settings would be helpful.

Well, even knowing it'll come down to tires, alignment settings, and pressures.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Having read a bit more about suspensions, I'm inclined to think it's a rear suspension issue.

I've read about rear steering in bumpy conditions and my car definitely has this. I do feel a wee bit of shift when I go over bumpy parts in a road (which are too rare here in Oman).

but not sure what would be wrong with the suspension and how to remedy this.

Archived