LegacyGT.com

Autoblog Review of 2010 legacy range

sdvictor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems they like it - a lot actually... It acutally doesn't look horrible in their photos either. As much as I'd still prefer the wagon, I look forward to driving a 2.5GT when my deaer gets one.

We're not entirely sure this is a good thing, as the Legacy has gone from understated confidence to a jumble of incomplete ideas (Chrysler Sebring hawkeye headlamps, chrome-happy "wing" grille, hulking flared fenders to emphasize the car's all-wheel drive) that fail to live in complete harmony with each other.

At last, an honest review.

At last, an honest review.

...one section of the review sharing your sensibilities on the design makes this an honest review? Performance wise all of the reviews for the most part have been positive for all three engine choices/trim levels, including the one being referenced.

...one section of the review sharing your sensibilities on the design makes this an honest review? Performance wise all of the reviews for the most part have been positive for all three engine choices/trim levels, including the one being referenced.

Like I said before, I don't like the look of it. It's not the performance I care about with the '10.

If the Aztec had 0-60 times of 4.0 seconds would you buy it?

The difference between Swedish and Japanese: a Swedish car would have clean, understated styling like previous generation Legacy designs have had. The exaggerated wheel arches, bugeye headlights, and weird proportions seem to be a Japanese trait. They seem to like designing weird, cartoonish looking cars over there! With Japanese concept cars especially, it seems the weirder, the better.

The new Legacy definitely looks like a typical Japanese vehicle, for better or worse. Previous Legacy designs have had more of a Euro look. I prefer the latter, which is why I'm disappointed in the new Legacy.

LMAO MJ. Swedish cars are known for wonky, quirky lines and styling. They've only been simplified of late under the ownership of domestics. If Tide added a swear filter for wheel arches and bugeye headlights... every single one of your posts would have ***** ******, ****** ********* in them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Tide added a swear filter for wheel arches and bugeye headlights... every single one of your posts would have ***** ******, ****** ********* in them.

And if he added a filter for synchophantic praise, and rushing to defend the cars honor like an endangered virgin princess, your and Syndicate's posts would look like:

************* ******** ****** ** *** ********** **** ********* **** ******* ************** ****** ************* ****** *** ******* *********** ************* ***********road presence *** **.

Also,

According to Subaru, the base car weighs 3,270 pounds, and all models are no more than 65 pounds heavier than their 2009 counterparts – an eminently reasonable trade-off for a massive increase in interior room and superior content levels.

What superior content levels?

This doesnt sound good to me.

we're not entirely sure this is a good thing, as the Legacy has gone from understated confidence to a jumble of incomplete ideas (Chrysler Sebring hawkeye headlamps, chrome-happy "wing" grille, hulking flared fenders to emphasize the car's all-wheel drive) that fail to live in complete harmony with each other.

And if he added a filter for synchophantic praise, and rushing to defend the cars honor like an endangered virgin princess, your and Syndicate's posts would look like:

************* ******** ****** ** *** ********** **** ********* **** ******* ************** ****** ************* ****** *** ******* *********** ************* ***********road presence *** **.

Also,

Some n00b trying to have balls. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also,

More rear passenger room (bigger than a Camry), BIG screen voice-activated nav, hill holder clutch, best-in-class trunk space, double-wishbone rear suspension - just from memory.

I'm far from a fan of the 2010, I still think it's ugly enough that it's a show-stopper, but you have to admit it answers a lot of the complaints voiced here about content. Jeez, they offer the 6mt on the 2.5i! Without the weight gain of the 07-09 spec.Bs!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

The STI/spec. B 6MT is also a better feeling transmission.

I guess they could have cured the feel issue with 4MT + 2MT by making it cable operated:spin:

Yep, now that feel is absent, how can you complain about notchy transmission? :lol:

Like I said before, I don't like the look of it. It's not the performance I care about with the '10.

Same here, although there are some areas of concern beyond styling. I don't like the parking brake being a button on the dash instead of a conventional handle. And the electric aspect of it worries me from a safety perspective. I don't trust the durability and longevity of CVT's, so I'd steer clear of that. And I really would rather have a temp gauge than a stupid instantaneous mpg gauge!

The STI/spec. B 6MT is also a better feeling transmission.

I guess they could have cured the feel issue with 4MT + 2MT by making it cable operated:spin:

Yep, now that feel is absent, how can you complain about notchy transmission? :lol:

Did a single one of the reviews complain about a lack of feedback?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the current 5MT that weak?? Alot of ppl with 350-400whp including myself with only clutch upgrades and still haven't broken them.

Yes:hide:. Once you start making more than 375wheelies its sketchy. But I cant really get angry at subaru for that, thats double what its rated for from the factory. Sucks that they arent using "the real" 6speed on the newer spec b models. Seems like year by year the cars are getting lamer, more heavy, and less attached to the road.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

The new '10 model is actually still lighter than the pre-'05 model. The '05-'09 model had shed between 200-350lbs over the prior model. For a car that is much safer in every aspect, bigger in every aspect, faster in every aspect, over the preceding 2 models is astonishing considering what is required by the government to be standard. For a new model to be only 65 lbs heavier and have so much more safety and volume is an incrdible feat for a car in this price range. No other manufacturer comes close. You will all see once the tests all start. Bigger tire sizes=bigger footprint=which usually=better handling. From all the threads I've read since the '05 came out, the single biggest complaint was how tiny the wheels and wheelwells were. Then everyone complained about how tight the backseat was. I think everyone should stop bashing the new '10. If you all haven't realized yet, the MORE cars a manufacturer sells, the MORE money they make, MORE money is then invested into R&D, which calculates into having MORE money to produce MORE special models. Thanks!!!

Archived