LegacyGT.com

Haha, what award do i win!!!

the power steering pulley, it was so rusted and i think i have the belt a little tight,

sorry i could not wait for you guys to guess. i need to know what pullys fit. im looking to buy a pully set as mine are all pretty rusted,(Oh ReAlLy)

like im looking at wrx 2.0 pully sets and whats the deal.. i would think they are all the same but just gotta check.

Boxer4Racing sells aluminum ones, although I never like to recommend under-drive pulleys. They may have some that are the same size. Other than that I'm pretty sure anything from an EJ22 or EJ25 will be the same size. I can take some basic measurements off mine if you want... Just tell me what you need and I'll try to get it for you off my EJ22 tomorrow sometime. Keep in mind I'm not going to take anything apart to get these measurements, but I'll do my best.

will like i was just gonna get a cheap set off ebay. like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNDERDRIVE-PULLEY-SET-SUBARU-WRX-02-03-2-0L-DOHC-TURBO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35ac2a1bdfQQitemZ230521707487QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1157wt_880

now you saying dont get a under drive. well when you buy a under drive set i think the power steering under driven. so it still spins the same. idk about the alternator but its no differnt then having a 5 speed going down the road at 1900 rpm and my auto at 2500

well time to go to school without power steering and with minimal lights and sounds on. got a spare battery in the trunk.. haha. have you ever driven your car without the belt on? i have and it is very noticeable.

I have. Mine broke in my old 90 Wagon. The bolt threaded itself out and I tried putting it back in something like 20 times with locktite even. Then I had the maintenance guy at work look at it. The key bored out the inside. So I had to drive it down the highway at 55 without power-steering in the middle of winter. It was a blast.

Schucks wanted to charge me something like 375 for the pulley. I ended up getting it for 105-155 online. (I honestly forgot, but it was a bit under half.)

i think i won the award for most random part broke......

just guess what i broke, ill give you a clue, its under the hood and it turns.

I could probably one up you.. The housing that goes on the steering column that holds the ignition.. well the part accepts the piece from the ignition switch to unlock the lock and turn the car over broke. So the ignition would turn but the steering wheel would stay locked and the car would not turn over.

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

My F150 had no power steering for the last 3 months that I was driving it. The pitman arm seal crapped out on me. I kept filling it up while waiting for a chance to install a new seal, but I ran completely out of fluid before I could fix it and before I could get to the store to buy more fluid the power steering pump took a dump. That was the end of my power steering. Too bad too, those pumps are only like $30 at NAPA, I just never bothered to fix it.

Do you know how much harder it is to drive a truck without power steering than a car? 235/75/R15's with the weight of an all steel mid-80's pickup truck bearing down on them don't like to turn without power steering. It didn't help that I had an aftermarket steering wheel that was considerably smaller in diameter than the stock one.

Other than that my friend at a 1997 Hyundai Accent 5 speed that didn't even come with power steering from the factory. No pump, no belt, nothing... Just skinny tires and a big steering wheel.

hey platinum, you know alot about subarus, right? do you know are the differences in pullys from year to year, model to model. but more or less about the pully differece from my car to a 02 03 wrx. i know the crankpulley is the same but is the PS and Alt the same... and what makes them different.

Archived