LegacyGT.com

borla CBE or greddy EVO2?

scoobiedude

who has either exhuast on their cars. The review section id not help me much. I would like to know if it drones at speed, raspy sounding, fitment, and how it looks, are the tips too big on the greedy, too small on the borla? those kind of things.

lol i asked the same question and made a thread bout it a while back just use the search button you should find all the answers you want in there. I still want the greddy but haven't gotten it yet.

I never cared for the boom cannon style of the Greddy so I'd go with the Borla as far as looks go. I also know that pretty much no one beats their 1,000,000 mile warranty or quality. It may be on the quiet side compared to the Greddy but they always sound sexy on any car.

have borla. found it too loud. but a second resonator in the system ~

woah you stock/stage 1 or stage 2? at stage 1 I found it to be too quiet, almost cut the resonator out.

then i went stage 2 and it is awesome now. great rumble, inside and out.

do you do much highway driving? everything is subjective when saying if things are too loud/too quiet/drone/no drone, but drone is the only real complaint i've heard about the magnaflow. other than that it seems like everyone loves it. i almost bought it, but opted for the Borla.

certainly not on Stock/Stage 1 setup, I could barely hear the thing inside the cabin (mainly on WOT and at startup...i love the initial start up sound of an aftermarket CBE...) and outside it was audible but tame.

now that I'm stage 2, yes it does have a small amount of drone. not enough to cause any issues with people in the back seat or anything. i've had some females and elderlies in the back seat while highway driving and i've asked what they think of the exhaust if its loud, etc, and no one seems to notice. still easy to talk to people back there. it is remedied by just turning on the music a little bit, and you cant even tell it's there.

I had 4-6 videos on my camera that captured all different driving conditions with this new setup and last weekend my camera vanished :( ...whenever I get around to getting a new one I'll be doing them again...

Happy with my BORLA CBE. Would not want it any louder. Looks stock, has nice rumble, very little to no drone and has an unbeatable warranty. I am using the resonator that came with the CBE.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

Greddy EVO2 got me pulled over 3 times in one month down in Roanoke, VA.

Go with the Borla unless cops in your area just simply don't care.

I happen to have 4 cops that live on my loop. :(

I happen to have 4 cops that live on my loop. :(

Now granted at the time, I was Stage 3+ with headers, an SZ55 turbo, etc etc. My car was very loud. :)

The EVO2 has some drone and is raspy. I think you would be happier with the Borla if you are looking for that deeper boxer rumble.

Archived