LegacyGT.com

Best bang for your buck upgrade for our cars?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
Buying star specs for summer and blizzacks for winter. Hands down the best purchases.

ehhhhh I'm not sure about the star specs, but the blizzaks for sure.

What about the ventus V12s?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Star specs > v12's. V12's arent bad for a budget tire that you want to last for a little. But once the v12's get low on tread, they're obsoletely horrible and ride like sh!t. Star specs are still the top street autox and track day tire for a reason. They're simply amazing.

for your 05' 5EAT

F1 valve body, just do it already!

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Hid headlight kit(4-6k) Gotta be able to see at night and it's a lot better output and a difference you can see, it's brighter, easier and safer to drive now vs halogen.

Go fast and can't see the road at night = disaster

Next upgrade, the brakes or brakes pads at least

• I Donated
Star specs > v12's. V12's arent bad for a budget tire that you want to last for a little. But once the v12's get low on tread, they're obsoletely horrible and ride like sh!t. Star specs are still the top street autox and track day tire for a reason. They're simply amazing.

Star Specs are like twice as much as V12s. I doubt they are twice as good. That's why I got the V12s.

Hid headlight kit(4-6k) Gotta be able to see at night and it's a lot better output and a difference you can see, it's brighter, easier and safer to drive now vs halogen.

Go fast and can't see the road at night = disaster

From what I've read, the cheap kits have terrible reliability. Might as well stick with halogens.

Star Specs are like twice as much as V12s. I doubt they are twice as good. That's why I got the V12s.

I've had both and yes they are twice as good. I didn't believe it before hand but it's true. Hand down the best performance mod you can do to your car. Cheap tires give you poor grip and equate to less driver confidence. Good tires give you great grip and increased driver confidence. Not to mention star specs are like glue in the rain just as much as they are glued in the dry. A set of stock size star specs 215/45-17 will run you about $530 which is damn cheap for them and the performance you can get out of them. I understand not everyone is willing to spend the money on them. But I see it this way, do you buy the cheapest brake pads or the cheapest oil for your car. The brakes, oil, tires are some of the most important things for your car. Good tires with cheap brakes wont help you stop much better and good brakes with cheap tires are even worse. Not to mention cheap oil doesn't help your motor out much. To me, the extra cash spent on better quality items such as these are well worth the piece of mind and safety.

An up and down pipe + tune are the best power upgrade dollar for dollar.

A good tire(as you can see what a "good" tire is can be a debate), and sway bars/endlinks are the best suspension/handling upgrades on a budget

Archived