LegacyGT.com

Quote From Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City, CA

Holland

Well, since I take my RS to Carlsen every now and then, and they're the closest dealership that I can trust, I went ahead and got a price quote out of curiosity. So here's the run down.

Dear Holland,

Thank you for choosing Carlsen Subaru for your new vehicle needs. We have received your request for purchase information on a 2006 Subaru LEGACY. Our no haggle/no hassle philosophy ensures your vehicle purchase process is simple and enjoyable.

In our department, all sales are conducted by MANAGERS not SALESPEOPLE, allowing you to avoid the traditional time-consuming negotiation process associated with buying a new car. We shop the competition weekly to ensure our prices are fair and competitive.

Your Special Internet Price on the 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT Ltd Sedan (MT5) in Atlantic Blue Pearl #D2973 is:

MSRP: $29,475

YOUR PRICE: $25,988... Cash or finance, after $1,500 rebate. Good thru 07/31/06, subject to prior sale! Special finance terms available in addition to the rebate, rates start as low as 0% APR, for a limited time. NOTE: It's the '06 model-year-end, and availability is limited. Call now to reserve this vehicle, and schedule your visit.

I was also able to locate a similar 2005 pre-owned Legacy 2.5 GT Ltd Sedan (5EAT) in Satin White Pearl #P5425 that I can deliver to you now for only $21,999 (KBB Retail $26,175). One-owner, local, AT, AC, CD, Lthr, MR, AWP, ABS, Alloys, etc., UNDER WARRANTY, only 22k mi, clean, and good-to-go!

This pricing is valid ONLY through our Online Sales Department. Upon arrival at the dealership, immediately identify yourself as an Internet customer and show a copy of this email to guarantee your price.

Your price includes destination charges but does not include applicable tax, license and documentation fees.

Good deal or do I still have breathing room to haggle at that price? I know Legacy GTs can be had cheaper at various parts of the country, but it looks like the supply of 06's are running pretty thin. I'd likely show up armed with a Chinese mother. :lol: No matter how old I am, I would never be able to have the guts to haggle the way she does. Haha! Atlantic Blue Pearl is an interesting color. I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but it's growing on me. I'd have to see it more in person. Eh, I'd probably like the satin white pearl better and be okay with the 5EAT, but that car's got 8-10k more on the odometer than I would have liked. Think I can ask about $26k-26.5k OTD when the 07's arrive?

Anyway, I was also thinking about holding off for the 2007's for a diamond gray metallic, but my future plans with the car is to install a bitchin' DVD stereo setup anyway, and Accessport (tuned after bolt ons of course, duh). So the SI-Drive (although a clever feature) and the aux-in isn't too much of a concern. The folding seats are a plus, but not a necessity since there aren't many times where I'd have to have the seat fold down to lug stuff home.

I'd appreciate any advice, input, or just shootin' the sh*t about car pricing, features, and what not. I figured this would be a neat way to celebrate my new "fresh out of college" job with a new car. :D

Considering the rebate which has already been included in that price, it is about $81 over invoice for that car.

(27,407 invoice for base model – 1,500 rebate = 25,907 - your offer is 25,988)

We bought our '06 GT Ltd Wagon for $988 below invoice from Carlsen about a month ago, so they should be able to do much better than that.

(29,797 invoice – 1,500 rebate = 28,297 - we paid $27,299).

Are you working with Sam Levy on this purchase? That's who we worked with, and he was great to work with.

Regardless, you should be getting an additional $500-$1,000 off that price (due to the $500 dealer incentive, and holdback), especially this late in the season.

Another thing, I would try to do all your negotiations before you set foot in the door. Once they have you there, you have much less leverage. Make sure you get internet quotes from everyone in the area, and then use them against each other.

Good luck!

The guy I got the quote from was the internet sales manager, Wayne Herron. I forgot the ABP Legacys had the taupe interior, so I'll pass on that one. There's a manual brilliant silver at Ron Price. I'll see what they can offer me. If I can't get a killer deal on an 06, I'll just wait 4-5 months for an 07. I just figured I could check out my options while I have this $500 owner loyalty certificate thingy. =)

It's okay, I didn't want ABP anyway, and I'm just window shopping. I'm in no rush. The overall cost for him was super cheap because he used a combination of Subie bucks and that owner loyalty coupon (which I had too). Plus there was room to haggle anyway if I had personally gone there as well. No biggie. =)

Nah, I didn't have to haggle. I got the quote from Larry who I bought my WRX from 3 yrs ago so he gave me his best price knowing I wouldn't haggle him. I went in and it took less than 1 hr to finish the paperwork and leave. :)

-Preston

Archived