LegacyGT.com

Recall Service Issues?

Long story short my 09 legacy wore out a set of tires in 35k. Took it in to dealer and had it investigated along with 90k mile service, timing belt, the brake line and cat recalls also. The cause was found to be alignment for the tires and two rear sway bar bushings needed replaced. After the fourth trip back the alignment was fixed however there is a loss of power and fuel mileage is down 10 mpg. The dealer claims there is nothing wrong with the car however it drove perfect before they had their hands on it this time. Anyone else out there have problems like this after the cat recall? Changed the spark plugs since and that was not the problem.

33-35 sounds very unusual and 22-24 sounds normal. My car says I'm averaging 21.3mpg right now, but I typically average 22-25mpg. Keep in mind the 2009 legacy 2.5i SE has the following EPA mpg estimates:

A/T model 20 city/26 highway/ 22 combined.

M/T model 20 city/27 highway/ 22 combined.

33-35 sounds very unusual and 22-24 sounds normal. My car says I'm averaging 21.3mpg right now, but I typically average 22-25mpg. Keep in mind the 2009 legacy 2.5i SE has the following EPA mpg estimates:

A/T model 20 city/26 highway/ 22 combined.

M/T model 20 city/27 highway/ 22 combined.

Yeah I get the same thing aroudd 21.3. I thought these cars would get better MPG, but I do drive fast

Think it may be a combination of things. The timing belt was replaced when it was in for service and all the fluids were replaced (differential, transmission). Plus the winter gas, and reprogram. I got fuel at a different place Bp to be exact and averaged 30 mpg. Also not sure if anyone knows how many miles before the suspension wears out? I think my rear is shot because when I shift the car lunges forward and then squats the rear when I let out the clutch. Under normal acceleration

They should have been able to tell you if your struts were leaking... mine only lasted about 60k before leaking. By 90k, you should have them replaced... unless you're like most americans and don't care about the performance of your vehicle.

Not sure what warranty I have but it has a 100 dollar deductible. Covered a coil pack and plug wires also the sway bar bushings. When I bought the car it had 23k on it in Nov. 2010 and this warranty covers 5 yr or 100k so I only have about 4k left to figure this out. I think I'm going to contact another dealer and see if they will honor my warranty and if they will have them check it out. Thanks for all the help everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Archived