LegacyGT.com

im stuck help help help

i bought a 2006 legacy gt and when i bought it the cruise control light was flashing and the check engine was on.

went through 3 turbos in that first engine then the transmission went.

ended up having to pay this mechanic the same price that i bought the car to fix it.

he put a new engine, and did transmission work, now i have a new engine with at least 55k on the engine and a vf52 inside. we changed the battery too, but just a couple days ago the check engine came back on and the cruise control started flashing like the old engine did ? weird.. and whenever i go into neutral coming to a stop my car buckles a little like its going to cut off, it even cut off a couple times on me coming to a stop.

THENNN the cord to my alternator started burning up for some reason, noticed a burning rubber smell so i checked under the hood and noticed the cord. So just yesterday i guess the rubber part connecting to the alternator burned completely off and my car wouldn't start so me and the subie are stuck here in a parking lot.

i am getting really tired of this b.s, i was wondering if a accessport would help any ? maybe i need to get my car tuned for the vf52 ??

and can i temp. connect the alternator with electric tape so i can start my car ??

The car needs a tune for the vf52.

Where do you live ?

Who screwed up the wiring putting the engine in the car ? I'm sure with as many installs a wire got shorted for the Alt.

You need to find a Subaru mechanic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The car needs a tune for the vf52.

Where do you live ?

Who screwed up the wiring putting the engine in the car ? I'm sure with as many installs a wire got shorted for the Alt.

You need to find a Subaru mechanic.

i live in virginia, but idk this guy that knew my dad for a long time, he kinda forced me to bring my car to him. i've taken my car to a subaru dealership before and they told me they didn't want to work on my car because it had aftermarket parts on it....

Holy shit, you just threw a VF52 on there without getting tuned for it?

What is the CEL? That will give you a clue as to what's broken.

Honestly though, just dump the car and get something more forgiving.

Really you want to use electrical tape...

the electrical tape option was just because i was desperate to get my car off the lot lol, but i seriously love this car :/ im a subie fanatic i dont want to get rid of my sleeper :'( i put too much money into it already.

the electrical tape option was just because i was desperate to get my car off the lot lol, but i seriously love this car :/ im a subie fanatic i dont want to get rid of my sleeper :'( i put too much money into it already.

A "sleeper" is a good car that looks average. Not an average (cough cough) car that looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Unless you want to do a lot of research into this car, I suggest buying a Toyota. An AP will solve ZERO of your mechanical issues. If you haven't changed out the oil fittings for the turbo, you're on borrowed time with this one. Your engine is on borrowed time if it isn't already running low compression. Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

- Find a mechanic with experience working on turbo Subaru's.

- Don't just use some guy because he knows your family.

- Don't take it to a dealer.

This isn't a car for ignorant owners.

This is your answer in a nutshell. Well stated! ;)

Why would you buy a car with a check engine light on in the first place? The place that sold it to you should have had the issues sorted out before it was even signed over to you. I would admit fault accept the mistake and move on from it because it's just gonna keep costing you money and may never be right again

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Why would you buy a car with a check engine light on in the first place? The place that sold it to you should have had the issues sorted out before it was even signed over to you. I would admit fault accept the mistake and move on from it because it's just gonna keep costing you money and may never be right again

This, buying a car with cel on just reeks of poor judgment. I really doubt this guy is going to take any advice here because of it.

Some of you guys are rough.. I don't disagree with some of the things said above, but I'm 32 and have owned a bunch of cars. I'm not sure how old the OP is, but I made some poor decisions when I was younger, so I guess that's why I'm not giving you a hard time.

Since you said you're getting really tired of all the BS your LGT is giving you, I agree with

Honestly though, just dump the car and get something more forgiving.

Toyotas are solid cars as compsurge said, can't go wrong with honda/acuras either. I'm just afraid that you will end up having to dump a lot more money into your LGT down the road, so I would probably just cut your losses now.

OK help us out. Did we identify the new engine had the 52 or not based on the "i think my mechanic stole my vf52" thread abandoned earlier?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/think-my-mechanic-stole-my-vf52-247668.html?t=247668

I take it the seller was like "The car is fine, the cel is just a random cheap part. I can sell you it as is or fix it and the price of the car will go up quite a bit. Your choice". I had that happen with a 2004 Benz E500 4 matic. it was the hood and trunk switch and the key fob. All simple fixes that could be done by anyone but price will go up. 5 months later I revisited same car and it lost $4000 off the asking price and eventually someone got it. It was a beautiful looking car with no known visual leased by an ass defects. I'm mad I let it go, but F*** air ride maintenance!

I'm mad I let it go, but F*** air ride maintenance!

Yeah, but that air ride maintenance comes with the privilege of balling so hard.

And the ability to tell people "Let's take my Benz", which is literally how MB sold ANY C230's.

Yeah, but that air ride maintenance comes with the privilege of balling so hard.

And the ability to tell people "Let's take my Benz", which is literally how MB sold ANY C230's.

2009 E550 also popped up for $9k but was already 150k miles matured. Same flawless interior/exterior.

I agree on C230 but I want more. At least a E or S class. I also came across a $17k V10 M5's but I already know someone who dropped $9k into his trans and $14 on engine rebuild.

I'm over here still putting together a Legacy like I can't be in the same boat 2 blown engine cars sitting pretty side by side.

Archived