LegacyGT.com

ABS light on.

I looked through the abs diagnostics and didn't really see anything that matched your issue. I wonder if there is an error code stored that could be helpful? The only thing is, I think you need the subaru select monitor to see abs error codes, not sure though.

My ABS came on last week for a few days, went off for two days and now is back on. It is on solid and I have the Err SS on my tripometer. Going to try to clean the sensors first to see if it eliminates the error. Does anyone know the best way to clean the sensors and then clear the code from my dash?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before you do anything, unplug and replug the sensor connector in case it's come undone. If that doesn't change anything, then undo the bolt, pull-out the sensor and use compressed air to blow off both the sensor and the timing ring area of the hub.

This will mean that you'll likely need to rotate the hub while you shoot air into the sensor hole to clear the timing ring area. Also, when you do disassemble it, ensure you keep any magnetic tools or devices away from the sensors - this includes magnetized screwdrivers or other tools.

If that still doesn't clear the issue, then it's possible that the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Before you do anything, unplug and replug the sensor connector in case it's come undone. If that doesn't change anything, then undo the bolt, pull-out the sensor and use compressed air to blow off both the sensor and the timing ring area of the hub.

This will mean that you'll likely need to rotate the hub while you shoot air into the sensor hole to clear the timing ring area. Also, when you do disassemble it, ensure you keep any magnetic tools or devices away from the sensors - this includes magnetized screwdrivers or other tools.

If that still doesn't clear the issue, then it's possible that the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Seconded, make sure that your timing rings are intact (I've seen them miss teeth in areas with bad corrosion issues).

If it's leaking at the ABS module, then it's likely that the light is as a result of the ABS module self-test, where it pressurizes the system after startup.

So I was able to check the connections at each sensor. They all seemed fine. I pulled the wheels off and removed the 10mm bolt holding the sensor. How does it release? Is it just that one bolt holding it in or do I have to remove other brackets? I didn't want to start pulling hard and yanking on it. It's a 2007 Legacy btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I was able to check the connections at each sensor. They all seemed fine. I pulled the wheels off and removed the 10mm bolt holding the sensor. How does it release? Is it just that one bolt holding it in or do I have to remove other brackets? I didn't want to start pulling hard and yanking on it. It's a 2007 Legacy btw

Probably have a bit of corrosion holding the sensor in place. Take a small flatblade screwdriver and use it to pick the sensor away from the hub/backing area. Then the sensor should slide out of it.

It sounds like it's leaking at the joint connector I circled in red, is that right?

If it is at that connector, then spray some PBB on the connections, let it soak, then tighten each one down and recheck.

Archived