LegacyGT.com

Rattling front JDM Bilstein

schism

Anyone,

Been running JDM Spec A GT Bilsteins for a couple of years on my '05 wagon. Last fall, front driver strut started rattling. It only rattles at slow speeds (as far as I can hear it), under 45. It's both felt and heard at these speeds. Highway, I don't feel it or hear it.

with regards to ride, it doesn't feel any different than the passenger side, no yaw type lurching when I try to stop. Just the noise and light clunkng at slower speeds.

I had the dealer check it out for me (was incapacitated at the time) and they told me it was still tight, thought it would make it through the winter, didn't have much guidance as to what was wrong, other than an off handed suggestion to swap the top hat.

Anyone have any guesses? I'm nearly ready to rip into it, time, money, etc... so some guidance before I swap stockers back in would be awesome. Basically planning on sending both front struts to bilstein for rebuild, as I think it needs to be done, when they arrived, they looked old.

Anyway, if anyone can help, would be much appreciated. I'm not one to shotgun a problem, but at this point I'm not seeing an alternative, and love these struts.

thanks.

-Bill

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Archived