LegacyGT.com

Is it better to get an aftermarket ECU chip or a piggy back system for my 06 LGT?

flipsubie06

I say both chip+piggyback, along with a biga$$ intake and a couple of fart cans!

Haha. Um, no.

All you need to get started tuning is a $15 cable, a laptop, an most-importantly, some edumacation on the subject. Start with reading the 'sticky' threads at the top of this Forum and the Turbo Powertrains forum.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Either one can be used either way, I should have been more clear about that. I just think that for a DIY tuner the extra cost of the AP is hard to justify. Whereas if you're going to pay a tuner and/or a dyno operator by the hour, I can see real-time tuning paying for itself after a couple tunes.

well i want the cobb ap but dont really have 6 bills to dish out on that thing rite now. but im really jus lookin for somethin to boost hp and torque but also save me some mpgs too...and i think the COBB AP is the only module that does that. Are there any others???

well i want the cobb ap but dont really have 6 bills to dish out on that thing rite now. but im really jus lookin for somethin to boost hp and torque but also save me some mpgs too...and i think the COBB AP is the only module that does that. Are there any others???

Tactrix OpenPort

http://www.tactrix.com/

By itself, it does nothing - you'll still need to pay someone to tune your car with it after you buy it, but you'll end up spending less than you would on an AP.

I was under the impression that even V2s were vehicle specific to a certain degree, just no longer tranny specific. Otherwise I'm not sure why all the vendors specifically ask which vehicle you own. Even on Cobb's site, there's the 05LGT AP, and 05.5

Hmmm, I'll have to look into this more, as I will be looking to sell my very-early V2 model soon. I am certain that at the time it came out, Cobb promised that the V2 units would be able to work with ANY Subaru 2.5L Turbo motor going forward. So seeing three different part numbers listed there is not what I expected. Although perhaps that just refers to which maps are pre-loaded on the unit, and there's really no hardware differences.

Grrrr... not happy to see the price reduction, either! Guess I waited a little too long to sell.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived