LegacyGT.com

Please help.

After reading of all new posts for about a month as well as searching the archive, I still have few unanswered questions. I would like to know your guys opinion: 1. What is the right synthetic oil for LGT if you live in the North East Region? 2. What are the best all season tires? 3. Stock Shifter vs Short Shifter. Which brand is to go if to go at all. Thanks to all in advance .

[quote name='alpinefun']After reading of all new posts for about a month as well as searching the archive, I still have few unanswered questions. I would like to know your guys opinion: 1. What is the right synthetic oil for LGT if you live in the North East Region? 2. What are the best all season tires? 3. Stock Shifter vs Short Shifter. Which brand is to go if to go at all. Thanks to all in advance .[/QUOTE] I can speak to #3 as I've had both stock and STi shifter. Go short.

Ok 1. Check with your local dealer, sounds like you have done the searches and nothing is avail or suits your climate. 2. Downunder is Bridgestone RE030A RE040, RE050 and now the sensational RE070, depends on what your climate is like again and how much you want to shell out for new boots. 3. Put it this way, in the new 3.0R SpecB, the STi shifter is in, so there is your answer, stick with STi and its good all the way. Hope these answer help you a little bit. Adam.

[quote name='alpinefun']Thanks, Adam I still keep my old (1997) Audi A4 and I have to admit that her shifting is fantastic vs LGT. I am just afraid if I go for STI's kit I get mote notchy shifting and more aggravations.[/QUOTE] The STi kit is notchier than stock, with a higher shifting effort required. As long as you know that going in, all is well. Kevin

Having just installed my SSK, I have to agree with Kev - it's unecessarily notchy but the shorter throw is nice. Fine now, but it became an issue in the WRX after two years of use. We traded the WRX in because of the difficulty to drive factor. I am driving the LGT now, so I am not worried about it as much as my girlfriend was about her WRX. I can always swap the stock shifter back in.

1. Just use the standard grade 5w30. NJ isn't that extreme in terms of temperature. 2. Currently, people really like the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S. Or if you can afford it, the Michelin Pilot A/S. Or if you want something cheaper, the Toyo Proxes 4. Don't think you need to look beyond these three, if you really want all-season tires.

[quote name='alpinefun']After reading of all new posts for about a month as well as searching the archive, I still have few unanswered questions. I would like to know your guys opinion: 1. What is the right synthetic oil for LGT if you live in the North East Region? 2. What are the best all season tires? 3. Stock Shifter vs Short Shifter. Which brand is to go if to go at all. Thanks to all in advance .[/QUOTE] 1. wait until you reach 10k miles before shifting to synthetic 2. just depends on your driving habits 3. go with short shifter, if you are going with the STi SS get a kartboy bushing instead of the OEM, or you can get the Kartboy SS a lot cheaper and shorter than the STi

I switched to synthetic around 3000 miles. It's up for debate, but in my opinion, it's fine. 10k seems way too late. If you want to wait a little longer, maybe do 6000 miles to switch to synthetic. I want to get a short throw shifter, deciding between Cobb and STi...

[quote name='alpinefun']This is the point - shifting effort! What do you mean "as long as you know that going in"? Short vs Notchy?[/QUOTE] I found the stock shifter to be very nice, and probably would have stayed with it until I had a chance to try out the STi short shift kit at a dealer. This shifter is not WAY short (probably a medium compared to the aftermarket kits out there), so effort is not greatly increased, nor is notchiness. If you hadn't driven a stocker first, you would not notice it - this transmission is notchy to begin with. I'm older and picky, but have no regrets over installing this.

Archived