LegacyGT.com

Daily Driver Suspension Help

BradM2323

So I recently bought a 2007 Subaru GT Limited 5 speed as my daily driver. The car is very clean however the owner before my decided to put in lowering springs in the car in which I do not know the brand. The car is very low and rides very rough.

Because of this, my first upgrades are going to to on the suspension. I want a stock like setup with a focus on ride quality and comfort ability since i will be driving far distances in this car.

The B-Spec JDM conversion sounds tempting, however it seems like there is more involved since it needs all of the complementary parts to convert.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/bilstein-subaru-legacy-gt-suspension-conversion-kit.html

Please help me out finding a nice setup. What springs so I look into also? I am ok with going a tad bit lower than stock, however I am not a big fan of it being very low. I am planning on using this car to go skiing and need some road clearance for snowy days

Thanks for the help! Let me know if you need any more specifics

I don't know for sure, but I'm not sure there are many options for a max drop of 1". One option would be the JDM Pinks. I went with the Pinks because I didn't want a huge drop, but still wanted to upgrade the suspension. I also went with the wagon Pinks in the rear to get rid of the saggy butt look, and Koni's for struts. The drop ended up being ~0.5" in the rear and ~0.75" in the front. The car handles much better now and road clearance hasn't really suffered to much in the snow.

The Pinks/Konis do seem to be significantly stiffer than the Eibach/KYB AGX set up that I had on my previous car. But that was a different make/model so that may not mean anything.

Eibach stopped producing lowering springs for our vehicles, however, their design has been rebranded as Epic Springs though I don't think they are in current production either.

That being said, from what you describe, it sounds like you are running Tein S-Tech springs. I run Tein H-Tech lowering springs and I think they are great. Very mild but welcome drop. That's what I would recommend, but if you want a set of stock springs, I have some I can sell you.

I put new KYB Excel-G's on my car this past fall, replacing my oem struts that had 155k on them.

I wouldn't expect a substantial improvement in ride comfort. I think Excel-G's are supposed to be virtually identical to oem subaru struts, which means they are built more for performance than comfort. I could be wrong though, just my .02.

Archived