LegacyGT.com

Remember that LGT Dip? Its done.

Oh snap....

A while back I was asking about dipping my Legacy Gt Matte white.

Well... I ended up doing it and it looks freakin sweet!!!

Will still be doing a black roof.

Scope it out.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/willylumplump15/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0343_zpsd8fyifsg.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/willylumplump15/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0346_zpsoangf3jo.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/willylumplump15/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0352_zps73d7xhqs.jpg

Makes sense the matte would hold dirt? Here in NoVA the DYC wave is going strong everybody from BMW, to Ferrari to Civics are dipped.

I would only ever go matte black i love that look but i did see a sky blue dipped M3 in G-Town

The matte really isnt too bad for dirt and stuff, it washes off fairly easily and as long as the job is done right its plenty durable so you don't ever have to worry about it peeling off. You just rinse it off and all the dirt goes away and there's no polishing, lol

Thanks to this thread, I've caught a new mania: Dipping.

I looked at DYC and now I wanna dip my LGT from SWP to Bluminum. And maybe some gold wheels.

But at what -- $400, $500 a pop, I could afford to change my car color every year or so!

How long does a good coat of dip last?

I looked at DYC and now I wanna dip my LGT from SWP to Bluminum. And maybe some gold wheels.

But at what -- $400, $500 a pop, I could afford to change my car color every year or so!

If you do it right and spray it on well, lots and lots of coats, it'll last a long time. A buddy had his on the car for a long time and when he peeled it off it still looked good.

good luck peeling everything off, and all the overspray...

Dang. Got a decent turnout on this. So the video should be coming very soon. This will have technique and what not in there. I used the DYC sprayer and the texture turned out real good. I've dipped 3 cars so far and made big improvements each time.

As far as peeling... The quality of the peel is equally proportional to the amount of coats you throw down. I used 3 gallons on my legacy and I think that should be a minimum or any mid size sedan.

If you buy the right cleaning chemicals you won't have any issues keeping it clean. Especially if it was painted correctly. I detail cars as a side business and I've had about 10 cars this past summer that were dipped. You need a foam gun with good soap and you need a pressure washer. Good job man car looks great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The white turns yellowish in a few months depending on the elements you drive in. Why not just wrap the car yourself. It'd probably be around the same price. It'll last longer too.

The white turns yellowish in a few months depending on the elements you drive in. Why not just wrap the car yourself. It'd probably be around the same price. It'll last longer too.

Are you saying matte white vinyl wont stain? It'll stain just as much, harder/more expensive install. We had a shop that just plain wouldnt do white because of the troubles they've had.

Archived