LegacyGT.com

08 LGT Fog a 9006?

So I decided to pick up some fancy selective yellow H3 bulbs for my 08 LGT, manual says it's supposed to be H3 as well. I ended up pulling housings out only discover their 9006 bulbs. Anyone know of any good bulbs to put in there. Also I don't want HID's

Our manual is wrong, the 2008 has 9006 foglight bulbs. I learned that from these forums. You'd think a manufacturer would make sure their literature is up-to-date, huh?

I used the Nokya yellow bulbs on my GTI and they worked very well.

what do you mean by "good bulbs"? reliability or brightness?

reliability = OEM

brightness = the rest of the world

Is this true though? OEM bulbs aren't made by Subaru, they're made by a mainstream lighting company (I can't remember who makes ours, is it Philips?) So why would OEM be more reliable if you could go and pick up Philips bulbs anywhere? Why would OEM be more reliable than Sylvania or any other bulb manufacturer? Do you know if they make them special for the Subaru application? I'm not trying to insult you and say you're wrong; I'm just curious.

But that's the trade-off between being able to see better at night.

I have 130W driving lights for my Jeep (compared to OEM 55W). They only last about 6-8 months compared to the 16+ months with OEM. I gladly pay the extra for being able to better see at night (properly set up and not blinding on-coming drivers). I just keep an extra set on hand and order up some new ones when I replace a bulb. Definitely worth it IMO.

Your other option would be to get a cheap HID kit that should last at least a year or so, but I'm quite against putting HIDs into reflector housings.

HIDs work well in the fogs, assuming you aim them properly. The fog light reflector design is so trivially simple that it really doesn't matter what you put in there.

The fogs are mounted so low that glare is minimal. I went with a 35W 3000K Apex Cone kit, and it made a huge difference.

Archived