LegacyGT.com

"Run mode system change" no start after oil change

xilles

Hi legacy gt. I'm having a no start problem with my 07 lgt auto.Lets start with the story first.

Changed my oil.

Installed my air box for winter.

Took my battery out to place plastic tray in./warmer

Go to start car. "Run system check change" error on.no start

Turn key everything powers up and radio dies out slowly

Blinking if I change to sport or sport sharp same corresponding blinking

Things checked.

Battery.

Grounds.

Wiring harness.

Tried using auto start nothing

Things performed.

Cleaned terminals on battery

Replaced power to battery connector

Cleaned maf and other assorted connectors on wiring harness

Connected laptop and tried to read from ecuflash. No tables pulled up. Could not connect to ecu.

All fuses in main box and sub box checked and good.

My diagnosis. Bricked ecu.

Can anyone give me more insight about these legacys. It looks like I'm going to be building a unbrick module now with help from my electrical engineering friends. Cheers

I know its a long shot but check the big connector by the pass side right behind the abs module. It is a spring clip and if bumped it can pop undone and can cause this. No guarantees but its woth a shot to check.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Battery was swapped out with 3 different known good. Also we're loaded tested and fully charged. I understand what you mean by the radio slowly dying. i can turn the key and nothing happens no fuel pump no relays going off. I will check this spring clip behind the abs module as I did man handle the air box back into the car. I already have on order parts needed for unbricking like a boss. I will try to get my engineering friends to make up a couple boards just in case.

If this is the spring connector your referring too. It's the main engine body engine harness and I just unhooked and replaced back.. The video is after I did all the check and reseated the main engine harness connector

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/glenpickrodt/5D35CEF9-B174-48BC-BC69-D86C1B4D0D5B-750-00000058320D2E9C.jpg

So after getting off the phone with tactrix we could not confirm the ecu was bricked but we did confirm the car was not going into test mode with green connectors plugged in. Any insight?? Going to recheck everything in the morning. Hopefully I just knocked something loose under the car. Damn nor'easter and sandy. No power and doing everything from my phone sucks.

so i just got back my ecm from tactrix.

ecm was reprogrammed

wiring for cam sensor soldered and heat-shrinked and wrapped up properly

still "run system change check mode"

can not connect to ecm.

going to go through and check the biu and etc components.

maybe my key lost program somehow but will check everything in the morning.

any ideas!!!!

Do any of the electrical systems still work if you put the key in the ON position?

I assume you checked the ECU fuse, right?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Any update on this?? I ran into the same issue with my 07 specB after I did an engine swap with some mods. I already tried another battery. My radio doesnt die. But it does cut out everytime I turn the key to the START position and cut back on in the ON position. Any Ideas?? I have a stock ecu if that helps.

ecm is not bricked.

ran a few tests looks like my ignition is cutting out when switched to on. cant connect to ecm after getting it back from tactrix.

modules that work with this system are the tcm vds/vdc and biu. im going to pinout for the biu so see if theres a short somewhere in the system.

also possible loss of key programming unknown status on have one key.

• 1 month later...

Archived