LegacyGT.com

Did anyone attend the Richmond Car Show this weekend?

Rimfaxe

Just curious- I took the family there on Saturday. We're car shopping for the wife and this is a great place to look at a lot of cars in just a couple of hours. Two observations though:

1. In the Subaru section, there were no turbo Subies on display- no STI, No Legacy, No WRX-- I'm like-- WTF? It was difficult to find anyone to talk to about the cars. We're not considering a Subaru for her, but it would have been nice to see more of a 'presence'.

2. Checking out some of the cars was difficult because we could not open the trunks and back hatches. With the electrically controlled locks, they would not open if there was no power from the batter. The fire marshal made all the vendors disconnect the battery cables on the cars. This required us to hunt down someone to unlock the cars, particularly on some of the Ford models. The Honda folks solved the problem by putting a rag in the latch hook for the trunk so that it would not latch- very smart.

So I couldn't get the wife interested in another Subaru and the low-profile sales folks didn't help much. I don't they they were the folks from Pence- Richmond Subaru, I'll bet.

I was there, and was somewhat disappointed. I wanted to see how the leather looked and felt and the three pedal placement on the new Legacy, but no manuals and only one ivory leather interior. They might as well brought one Outback and one Legacy and saved the trouble of transporting the extras. Three similiarly equipped Foresters? Cmon...

There were no Nissan's, Infinitis, Audis, VWs, Porsches, Jaguars, or Land Rovers, all of which had cars me or my buddy wanted to see. But, I got a free Motor Trend subscription included in the ticket price, so it'll be ok.

Did you sit in the Mercedes G500? Can you believe that thing costs $104k MSRP?

the way the market is these days, they should be paying US to attend these shows. It was not a complete waste of time, but it really wasn't everything that it should have been. The Subaru stuff was mediocre- no wow or sizzle, no sales reps that I could find easily either.

Archived