LegacyGT.com

How long will you keep your LGT?

How long do you all plan to keep what you have? This was my first new car purchase but considering any problems I have had with the car were directly related to some aftermarket parts, I am still happy with my purchase. I have 108K miles right now running stage 3. I figured I'll keep it for another 5-6 yrs and or 250K miles. I'll probably pull the motor @ 150K. With the way things are in the economy this is my reality.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Long enough that it'll be worth a couple grand by the time I'm done with it. It'll be my one and only automatic "sports car", and since it's a wagon it's very useful. So probably another 10 years at least. I fully plan on blowing the motor and starting over, rebuilding the trans, rebuilding the coilovers, etc, so mileage is not really an issue for me.

I think we're coming into an era where the technology just isn't changing wildly anymore, so a car like the LGT will probably be very modern for another decade. Aside from direct injection, I don't see anything new that's really all that incredible. There is that new Infiniti that will have an electric motor in place of a torque converter, so that might be cool, but not much else I can find to justify selling. Hell, I have a 1990 Lexus LS that runs practically new. Thing is incredible even by mid 2000s standards. We will see.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

There fr awhile I was running through performance Subarus (98LGT,00 RS,02 WRX,04STi),all heavily modified. All fine vehicles.

Then on to my 05 LGT wagon. It's a keeper.

It's fairly fast (Stg2) it handles really well(Bilsteins,Pinks,Cusco Bars all around ,AVO endlinks and Michelin Pilot ultra high perf AS tires)and with having the versatility of wagon who could ask for more?

It's an 05 with 19,000 miles :eek::p so I have quite a way to go on this motor.

Like I said,,,It's a keeper.:)

Probably forever........I love this car ! I purchased the Subaru extended warranty when I bought the car--good until 2012 or 100000 miles---I have 48000 now---so I still have a while before I can heavily modify without fear of voiding it...... (plus it's one of those "rare" 07 spec B's----only 432 in existence) :). And a big plus one to the comment about 5th gen styling.....I just cannot wrap my brain around the current style.
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

This was also the first car I bought new, 4.5 years ago. I'm at 64k miles now and she's just about paid off.

I see myself having this car for a long time, maybe another 5 years. She may end up not being my DD at some point.

Wife's car, 2005 LGT 76263 miles... nothing but a custom flash. Other than the original clutch crapping the bed two days ago... and replacing the spark plugs/belts it's a great car. She plans to run it into the ground.

every car that I've ever had has at least been 10 years old. I plan on making my legacy last at least that long!

which is mostly why I am not messing around with it too much right now. later when things start breaking, I will start fiddling with the mechanical design in order to keep it going and boost it's performance.

Wife's car, 2005 LGT 76263 miles... nothing but a custom flash. Other than the original clutch crapping the bed two days ago... and replacing the spark plugs/belts it's a great car. She plans to run it into the ground.

The good news is you can blame the clutch on your wife :lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Not a GT- 3.0R- Intend to keep it at least 7 years, preferably 10+. Mileage, who knows, since I find that time is a better guage for our use. I'll only bail out if the thing starts to massively fall apart at once. For perspective, I might add that my Regal GS (2002) only has 74k-and I"ve spent $3k + replacing worn out parts already; still have the car. Testament to my patience I guess...

You know its funny. My fiance told me I was crazy to consider even swapping the motor when it was toast. But in the end that is cheaper than a new car. Even with my mileage, some parts still smell new (like when I turn on the A/C). I'm with you Tundraman - when it turns into a rust bucket then I'll part ways. Nothing else out there really excites me to buy new right now or in the near future.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I will keep it as long as I can. I'm at 65,000 miles on the 05. I had the killerbee oil pick up pipe installed last June along with the AVO intercooler and all the parts needed to go stage 2.5. It is more than fast enough with my light wheels and summer tires. A faster car would cost me a ton and I've spent enough on this one.

I'll add--for conversation sake--that the ability to upgrade the LGT instead of having to trade-in/trade-up is a huge longterm benefit to me. Interested to hear what yet more of you have to say...

Archived