LegacyGT.com

STI Up-pipe or something else..

Im going to go down the route of a port/polish exhaust manifold w/ x-over pipe. I already have an STI up-pipe so everything will bolt up fine. Im just curious if while im already taking a bunch of thing apart if i should swap out the up-pipe and go with something a little more aftermarket like perrin, cobb or invidia. Does the STI up-pipe flow less then anything other up-pipe on the market or does it work just as well as everything else?

From all the stuff I read before I did my swap, the concensus was that the STI up was just as effective/efficient as the rest of em. For the extra money your going to spend on a new up, to get maybe what, 1hp and 2tq out of it... Not worth the time, effort or money.

But thats just what I gathered...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

rao - Was that a no to the question of whether the STi UP flows less or was that a no to the question of whether it works as well as everything else. :spin::confused::lol:

My wife does this to me. She asks me two yes/no questions that address the very same issue then when I answer one of them she gets confused. Now I can see why! :lol: :lol: ;)

rao - Was that a no to the question of whether the STi UP flows less or was that a no to the question of whether it works as well as everything else. :spin::confused::lol:
No meaning yes, it works just as well.
ignore him, he'll go away.

• 4 months later...
Question, figured didnt need to start a new thread, if the STi UP works in the LGT, that means any UP off an STi should fit the LGT right? now the DP that is not the case, but the UP they are all interchangeable?

Archived