LegacyGT.com

'08 Spec B aftermarket exhaust

pcr5946

So I finally got my Spec B to stage 1 yesterday and now I want to start looking for a new exhaust setup and I was wondering what people's thoughts are as far which systems to look at. I think I want to stay catted at least for now, and ideally I want to find a set up that gives me a nice boxer sound and isn't too quiet but isn't thunderously loud either (I have to leave for work at 4:30 am some days and don't want to piss the neighbors off too badly, although I suppose staying catted I won't deafen anyone regardless).

Anyway, I've heard good things about the HKS system but it's fairly expensive, and I know lots of people love the Magnaflow system but basically everyone I know with an aftermarket exhaust has a Magnaflow and I kind of want to do something a little different, although it does seem like great bang for your buck.

What are other people running? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd strongly consider this for your DP -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cnt-5eat-catted-down-pipes-and-mt-catted-down-pipes-161555.html

I have a CNT catted on my car right now with a Stromung exhaust and it's such a great combination. You are right about Magnaflow and everyone having one. They are nice, sound good, but drone a lot. Although i'm the same as you, trying to change it up a bit. There's good things said about Borla catbacks and HKS as for the sound level being on a minimal. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Just as an FYI Catted vs Catless won't change the sound - the Mufflers make the biggest difference. DP will give some but it's really the axleback. Borla is a nice sound and not too loud, the SPT is nice too but real pricey new.

Thanks for the link! Added to the consideration list, haha.

From what I've seen in some videos on youtube (admittedly not the best place to listen to exhaust notes), I think the Borlas are a little quieter than I want, and I don't really like the look of the tips either. I've seen varying opinions on here about the sound level of the HKS with some saying the Silent Power name is kind of a misnomer, although I think they still have a built in silencer.

I found a website that is selling Greddy EVO2 systems for 05-08 LGTs. I've heard they have a real aggressive sound, but don't know if they fit easily. Also perhaps a little towards the ricey end of the spectrum?

Just as an FYI Catted vs Catless won't change the sound - the Mufflers make the biggest difference. DP will give some but it's really the axleback. Borla is a nice sound and not too loud, the SPT is nice too but real pricey new.

Thanks for the FYI, I was thinking back with that comment to when a friend of mine with a Magnaflow went to a catless DP for stage 2 and I thought he got a pretty noticeable bump in volume, although it's been a while so it may have been a more minimal change than I remember

invidia is 3" cbe and not loud, spt it is also not loud but 2.5" mid pipe to 3" y pipe. these are the only 2 i know thats quiet compared to others out there. good luck finding stromung it was limited sale and wagon owners still didnt get their cbe yet. i got my spt under $1k look it up online some place might have it on sale.

catless versus catted most certain does change the sound. there is more growl and slightly louder than catted, ask me how I know

I got a cobb catted dp to a spt cbe. sounds amazing. Deep boxer rumble when I get on it but absolutely no drone while cruising. Get compliments on it all the time. People cant believe its 4 banger : D worth every penny. Havent put the music on since I got it 2 weeks ago.

Archived