LegacyGT.com

My insurance just went down!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine went down $70/6months! Which is pretty incredible since I had 2 moving violations in the last year with my last car (98 eclipse gsx). Just wonder how much more it would have gone done by if I didn't have those tixs

aurora, co

a little far but i may give him a try... farmers increased my rate last year, then my friendly agent quit his job earlier (been with him for 5+ yrs), and i dunno if the new guy is nice or not.

This Space For Rent

I don't know what you're paying but State Farm wanted to charge me $7,000/year for coverage on my Legacy. $12/mo wouldn't have been too much in the grand scheme of things.

Currently paying 3k with Geico.

Just opened my insurance bill (State Farm) and coverage for the 05 Subaru has been changed.

It says something about change of liability rating group.

Anyway, short story short, it just dropped $12 a month. :)

I don't know what you're paying but State Farm wanted to charge me $7,000/year for coverage on my Legacy. $12/mo wouldn't have been too much in the grand scheme of things.

That's whacked.

You must be young or unmarried perhaps?, and the quote you got obviously doesn't include multi-line discounts such as multiple vehicles/policies (I've got term life and home-owners insurance with them too).

I don't have it in front of me now, but I think full coverage $500 deductible on my Legacy GT is about $480 every 6 months.

--

At present, I'm paying about $600 per annum, full coverage through Allstate. My latest bill is due in August, so we'll see. I suspect that the restraint shown by Legacy owners in now wrapping them around various parts of the countryside, a restraint not shown by WRX owners, has something to do with the lowered prices that some are enjoying.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
At present, I'm paying about $600 per annum, full coverage through Allstate. My latest bill is due in August, so we'll see. I suspect that the restraint shown by Legacy owners in now wrapping them around various parts of the countryside, a restraint not shown by WRX owners, has something to do with the lowered prices that some are enjoying.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

Mine's pretty cheap too. That's one benefit to being a little older. I was hanging out with some guys in their mid twenties yeaterday and they were lamenting the cost of insurance on an STi. It's kind of nice not to have to worry about insuring anything now. As a younger man, I had a Trans Am that was over 200 dollars a month to insure. At the time, that was a lot of money to me.

I just checked my policy and I'm at about $380 every 6 months on the Legacy for full coverage with a $250 deductible. I'm 29 and married with a clean record, but I've only got two cars so I don't know if a multiple car discount is applied. I guess there could be one... It doesn't say here. A drop of $12 per month woudl be nice. I'll have to give Geico a call and see what the scoop is.

I'm looking forward to a drop next year. I hear there is one at 30 that you actually notice. It dropped a buck per month when I turned 25. Hardly exciting. Getting married was the real discount. I went from paying about $160 per month on my mustang to paying $140 per month on the Mustang, a 4 Runner, and an Accord. lol Gotta love the married discount.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ouch. Well, I just called Geico to get clarification. They told me that the insurance rates going up and down is really subjective to the insurance company. If Geico insures nothing but cars that get stolen and wrecked then the insurance will be higher with them than if you check a company that hasn't ever had a claim on a Legacy. Anyway, I guess Geico has had more claims than the average bear and my rate actually went up by about 4 bucks a month.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
I agree with Jedi, that's one of the perks of being an old fart :D

I'm a very careful driver- can't risk crashing and breaking my hip :D

How many friggin DUI's/accidents/movers have you had? How old????? Been convicted of vehicular manslaughter lately? WTF????

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived