LegacyGT.com

Vag-Com compatability with Windows 7

NJLGT

Can someone point out for me perhaps on ebay the specific Vag-Com cable that will work with windows 7, or are they all compatible?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I have searched this and couldn't find the answer i needed.

Why not just get an OpenPort 2.0?

Support the guy who gave us all EcuFlash and made DIY tuning affordable.

What he said... plus it has other features!

but if you search I'm sure you'll find the answer you are looking for. BTW: Java has nothing to do with vag-com drivers.

:rolleyes: dude, this is your post. it fixed my vag-com java issues before I bought my Tactrix cable...he asked if it works with widows 7 and you found the solution, why didn't you just post the link? In order for it to work with RR you neec to do what you posted below. props for posting, though. It worked for me.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/windows-7-and-vag-com-134061.html?t=134061&highlight=windows+java

Also, +1 for 2.0

:rolleyes: dude, this is your post. it fixed my vag-com java issues before I bought my Tactrix cable...he asked if it works with widows 7 and you found the solution, why didn't you just post the link?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/windows-7-and-vag-com-134061.html?t=134061&highlight=windows+java

Also, +1 for 2.0

Well the OP question referred to VAG-COM working with Win7, which does not require Java. The post you linked was in reference to getting RomRaider to work on Win7, which does require Java.

I know I'm being nit-picky right? ;)

ha, yeah, I figued he meant compatable for logging reasons, since most of us it for logging in RR. I just thought it was funny you were the one who solved my issue's with the java patch and put that post. I really wanted to give you the "oh yeah", but it burst my bubble when I saw you posted the the answer I was going to use on you! :lol:

its not the vag-com its the software that you would need to download from ross tech witch is free and they should have a updated version for windows

any ebay cable would work but there would be some things you would not be able to access but for scan for codes should be fine

If you own an 05-06 LGT you can use the vag-com cable for tuning, logging, and flashing. It is just slower and only works for those models. The software came with mine, wasn't hard to figure out. You just need to use an older version of Java to make it compatible with RomRaider.

To use the VAG-COM with Windows 7 I had to install these drivers - http://ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. I used version 2.06.02.

I tried the drivers from Rosstech first, couldn't connect, then downloaded the ftdi drivers - so it's possible they are both required.

*edit* just realized this is in the sticky:redface:

Archived