LegacyGT.com

Tinted the tails today, I like!!

I love your car but as a professional designer I have to say that the tails really unbalance your car. If you have window tint, it would balance but there is too much clear in the upper half and dark in the lower.

I bet you that if you either tint the windows OR cutout the clear reverse in the tails you will like the overall look from the rear more... The cutout might be the best because it will accentuate the chrome under the tails and on the rocker panels.

Also, tint cutouts in the bumper to match would be sweeeeeet.

EDIT: Again, I love your car and welcome, thanks for posting. Please, please take it as constructive and if you disagree just tell me to piss off :lol:

I love your car but as a professional designer I have to say that the tails really unbalance your car. If you have window tint, it would balance but there is too much clear in the upper half and dark in the lower.

I bet you that if you either tint the windows OR cutout the clear reverse in the tails you will like the overall look from the rear more... The cutout might be the best because it will accentuate the chrome under the tails and on the rocker panels.

Also, tint cutouts in the bumper to match would be sweeeeeet.

EDIT: Again, I love your car and welcome, thanks for posting. Please, please take it as constructive and if you disagree just tell me to piss off :lol:

I will be doing 30% tint on the windows so it will blend in very nicely

i bought the overlays from the gentlemen on here that does the reverse light cutout and the little cirlces, i got mine without the circles cuz im not a huge fan of them. i got the smoked ones. $52 shipped, i put it on myself, didnt take long at all once i got it all lined up.

link: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-tail-light-overlays-smoked-112198.html

First off welcome to the site. I don't mean to put down the tinted tails but... you can see the bubbles in the picture. My recomendation is to get the spray tint and clear it for a more professional and factory look.

I took the picture 5 minutes after I put them on, it takes time for them to settle on

Yeah, the bubbles will clear out on their own over the next couple days and look fine. Plus, I find with the sprays that they look more of a matte finish than the gloss you can get with the overlays. I had the same deal with mine. If you are really paranoid about the bubbles, you can get a needle and poke em out and work the air/water out, but the material is porous enough to settle on it's own.

Yeah, the bubbles will clear out on their own over the next couple days and look fine. Plus, I find with the sprays that they look more of a matte finish than the gloss you can get with the overlays. I had the same deal with mine. If you are really paranoid about the bubbles, you can get a needle and poke em out and work the air/water out, but the material is porous enough to settle on it's own.

I tinted windows for 6 years and the bubbles will not clear out by themselves. If tint has dirt under it, it will not go away. Spray tint comes out black and once you put on clear it shines right up. Tint is not pourus at all! The waiting is for the water to dry and the glue to set up and that's why you get a haze or some moisture for the first day or two.

Tint film may not clear out the bubbles on it's own, but he used vinyl. I have these as well and there were a few bubbles I could not get out with a credit card. About a week later they were completely gone.

Hmm. Perhaps you and I are using different tint materials, because the bubbles on my taillights cleared themselves out when I did them a few months ago ;) I did clean my tails, so perhaps it is indeed the dirt you speak of that is causing the bubbles you noticed.

I did use vinyl overlays, by the way...

OP,

i had the same bubbles from the same tail tints from the same vendor. Only difference was mine if 05 with reverse cutouts as opposed to ur full 07/08/whatever yr ur car is. Moral of the story is that we have the same material from the same vendor. I had some bubbles which came up about 5 hrs after i applied the vinyl. I was bugging out over it but rationalized that it must have been human application error and if they didnt go away i could just drop $50 again and be sure to do it right- even though i was very careful the first time. about 2-3 days went by before i realized one day while on lunch break that the bubbles were gone. they should work their way out provided your taillight was clean enough before you applied them.

-mike

Archived