LegacyGT.com

Wiper fluid indicator light?

Okay, so I did a search and I didn't find anything regarding this (imagine that :rolleyes: )

But I ran out of wiper fluid yesterday and the warning light didn't come on.

I think there's a warning light, no? When I look at my instrument panel I can see the unlit icon right next to the low fuel warning light.

Can anyone confirm of this thing should light up or if it's a bogey? :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because there's a space for a light in the cluster, doesn't mean there is a light or a low fluid sensor. I know for a fact the 06 cluster has no light on the circuit board behind the cluster symbol.

http://www.photodump.org/stored26/theresnolightinthere.JPG

Just because there's a space for a light in the cluster, doesn't mean there is a light or a low fluid sensor. I know for a fact the 06 cluster has no light on the circuit board behind the cluster symbol.

good to know because i didnt know if mine was low or not...guess ill fill it up just incase now that i know i wont be getting a warning.

http://www.photodump.org/stored26/theresnolightinthere.JPG

thanks for the info.

well that just seems silly

having that warning light is crucial here in the Winter when driving mountain passes...

Which box is for the low washer fluid light?

I didn't even know that there was one. Maybe if we solder in an LED it will light up?

Knock yourself out, then after you finish that project, run wire from the cluster into the engine bay and connect it to the low fluid sensor that's not there. Wait, install low fluid sensor first, then install light in the cluster, then tun wire to the engine bay and connect it to the low fluid sensor.:lol:

Didn't I read somewhere that the light is only "wired" on Subarus sold in Canada? No matter....if the reservoir holds a jug of fluid, it's not too difficult to maintain some level of fluid in there. Maybe it's because Canada is so cold it's no fun standing in front of the car pouring washer fluid in when you don't really have to.

Frozen lines are way more common then dead pumps, have someone listen to the tank while pulling the stalk...Seems everyday at work this time of year someone comes in with that problem because they used a washer fluid that wasnt good for the colder temps....as a rule of thumb, anything green is usually only summer (Rain-x bug wash, and Prestone bug wash come to mind) +24 degrees and they WILL freeze, any blue's are usually basic winter fluid, good for about -25 max, and Prestone De-icer (yellow) and Rain-x Bug/De-Icer (orange) are good for -34 or more. Of course you can usually cheat and throw in some rubbing alcohol to lower the freezing point, but I dont reccommend that since I dont know how tolerant of pure alcohol the washer pump is....my $.02 :rolleyes:

You know what... I tried to pull the stalk for day on my "new to me" LGT.... Then I said.. hey, look there's this button on the end of the stalk. On some of my older cars it used to be the fluid.

BUZZZZ.... it works for the fluid! I've just come to think that my stalk switch is broken or else it really doesn't spray when you pull it.

Anyone?

You know what... I tried to pull the stalk for day on my "new to me" LGT.... Then I said.. hey, look there's this button on the end of the stalk. On some of my older cars it used to be the fluid.

BUZZZZ.... it works for the fluid! I've just come to think that my stalk switch is broken or else it really doesn't spray when you pull it.

Anyone?

You mean the 'mist' feature? Pull and the wipers wipe just once?

Yes, my Mist feature button works... but pulling the stalk does not emit a spray. I'm thinking my stalk/switch in the stalk is faulty...

Wondering if the previous poster has the same problem, and not a frozen fluid reservoir.

You got it reversed. The button on the end of the stalk is the only thing that will activate the spray. You pull the stalk towards you for the 'mist' feature. One wipe with no spray (to wipe away the mist). If you don't release the stalk, the wipers will continuously wipe.

Didn't I read somewhere that the light is only "wired" on Subarus sold in Canada? No matter....if the reservoir holds a jug of fluid, it's not too difficult to maintain some level of fluid in there. Maybe it's because Canada is so cold it's no fun standing in front of the car pouring washer fluid in when you don't really have to.

You got it wrong. It's because Canadians must have everything regulated for them. Their government has taught them that they don't have to think for themselves anymore, the government will provide all.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived