LegacyGT.com

Triple blink turn signals

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the original Subaru Tip blinking and safety hazard kit SEDAYA8000 :-)

http://www.subaru.eu/en/521-tip-blinking-and-safety-hazard-kit.html

I have it installed. Works fine.

Mort

I see that it is EU only... how much was the module?

At least here in the US, we can install it ourselves without having to have the dealer do it and not worry about losing the factory warranty. I'll ask my overseas sources to look into it for me.

The 4th gen module that two guy on here were making was around $70 and wired right into the stock harness. I need to do some searching it seems - it was called tap-n-turn? :confused:

Get the original Subaru Tip blinking and safety hazard kit SEDAYA8000 :-)

http://www.subaru.eu/en/521-tip-blinking-and-safety-hazard-kit.html

I have it installed. Works fine.

Mort

How much did you pay for yours? Any interest in importing these to the US for those that are interested? I wonder if they are plug and play for US models.....?

How much did you pay for yours? Any interest in importing these to the US for those that are interested? I wonder if they are plug and play for US models.....?

It would be interesting to find out if they were in fact plug in play. However after a quick googling ~$250 plus shipping is a bit to swallow.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it that the European Subaru's have "cool" stuff we don't here in the States !!! I looked at the triple/Quadruple Blinkers but not at $250 bucks. What is really cool are the "wing" mirrors - the sideview mirrors with blinkers...

Why is it that the European Subaru's have "cool" stuff we don't here in the States !!! I looked at the triple/Quadruple Blinkers but not at $250 bucks. What is really cool are the "wing" mirrors - the sideview mirrors with blinkers...

Because we pay more $ for them than you do in Amerika?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The Legacy has had the blinkers on the mirrors before - no idea why this model year doesn't have them. I sort of wonder if they are required in some countries which is why they always have them (just like the blinkers on the side of the car on the older Impreza). Since they (Subaru) appear to source parts locally if they can, they might have tried to save some $ by omitting them here...

For the blinker thing, it's an option outside the US - and it does more than just blink the blinkers - it also responds to heavy braking, turning on the hazard lights (so it probably has a g-sensor in it, too) - I am curious if the add-on board described in the other thread would work with our cars - that would be a slick solution and easy to add on.

Because we pay more $ for them than you do in Amerika?

fahr: From your reference to a Royal PIA, I presume you are in Britannia ??

If you are, I enjoy the Wheeler Dealer show on cable TV. It is a show whre two Brits purchase older cars that require some Tender Loving Care (TLC), they do those upgrades & repairs , then resell the cars. All in one in England. One fellow purchases the cars, the other is the mechanic. The best part of the show is how they take you step by step through the repairs & refurbishment of the vehicle. Very interesting and informative.

I hear you about how much more all cars and parts are in Europe, but that's primarily due to the value of the British pound vs. the US Dollar....Good luck and May God Save The Queen !!!

fahr: From your reference to a Royal PIA, I presume you are in Britannia ??

I hear you about how much more all cars and parts are in Europe, but that's primarily due to the value of the British pound vs. the US Dollar....Good luck and May God Save The Queen !!!

No, I'm not in the UK. Subarus are more expensive in all of Europe than they are in the US. I'd like to blame that on the tragically weak Euro, but they're still expensive in Switzerland. They do tend to come with higher spec so it's hard to compare directly. What are usually options on USDM models are very often standard on EDM models.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived