LegacyGT.com

Pics of Rota Tarmac 3 18 x 8

edkwon

nice, i'm thinking of going with the same setup, any rubbing?

So far, nope, not at all, i was worried about rubbing with the drop and 235 width but then again im not doing any really tight canyon carving or autox on it, if i did there might be, it comes pretty close to the edge of the wells.

240 width would rub for sure with my drop.

As far as weight of the T3s go, i dont know exactly but im sure they're at least 20 lbs each. I can definitely feel the weight when i accel.

Ed

Looks great!!

Actually thinking about a set also, are center caps avail?

Yes but no centercaps in hyperblack, just the dumb rota logo, i have a set of gunmetal caps that i plan on peeling off the rota logos and see if they look good when i snap them on

Ed

21lb.....nice look but to heavy:(

Yep if you want the light weight then you gotta be prepared for smaller rims that dont look as good or large forged rims that are lighter but cost $$$$.

Either way, can't have everything you want for cheap.

Ed

As far as weight of the T3s go, i dont know exactly but im sure they're at least 20 lbs each. I can definitely feel the weight when i accel.

Ed, it was that noticeable, even over the stock spec.B wheels? Because those things are heavy... :p

-Mike-

Part of the problem was tho i had the stock wheels for such a SHORT period of time (less than 300 miles) that i never opened it up since i was still in the breakin period, so who knows maybe my mind is just lying to me. Plus i might be getting accel confused with when i had my 17" wheels on from 300-900 miles.

Oh yeah btw i put my first 1000 miles on in 1 week, lol.

Ed

T3's FTW!

I like the hyperblacks on your car

Thanks i was pondering royal bronze but decided it doesnt look right on grey, for some reason that color would be my first choice had i a white, blue, or black car...

Ed

Yep if you want the light weight then you gotta be prepared for smaller rims that dont look as good or large forged rims that are lighter but cost $$$$.

Either way, can't have everything you want for cheap.

Ed

You can pick up a set of Superleggeras (18 x 8 & 17.4 lbs) from eBay for $700, just have to keep your eye open.

You can pick up a set of Superleggeras (18 x 8 & 17.4 lbs) from eBay for $700, just have to keep your eye open.

Thanks but i was never in love with the looks of the Superleggeras, however if you told me the same thing about a set of used Volk SE-37s for the same price, i'd be over that like a fatman on a krispy kreme

Ed

Thanks but i was never in love with the looks of the Superleggeras, however if you told me the same thing about a set of used Volk SE-37s for the same price, i'd be over that like a fatman on a krispy kreme

Ed

SE-37's at that price, you probably don't want'em :lol:

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Dead sexy. I like the Rota Torques in the background too - thought I might go that route when I'm ready for 18's.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Part of the problem was tho i had the stock wheels for such a SHORT period of time (less than 300 miles) that i never opened it up since i was still in the breakin period, so who knows maybe my mind is just lying to me. Plus i might be getting accel confused with when i had my 17" wheels on from 300-900 miles.

Gotcha. :)

Oh yeah btw i put my first 1000 miles on in 1 week, lol.

I'm sure you'll pass me soon. I'm barely hitting 4K in almost a year. :p

-Mike-

Archived