LegacyGT.com

I love when stores screw up prices...

NYCdob

So I stop to buy oil and filters today before getting someone from the airport. I am switching to Synthetic now at 10,000 and want to use Pennzoil Platnium. Straus had nada so I ran to pep-boys. They had the oil but only 4 quarts so I sneak into the stock room to see if I can find a case. I see this box of the oil I want and grab it but it seams a lot heavier then it should be.

Bring it up to the counter w/ 2 filters then realize that it is not a box of 6 quarts but 6 GALLONS! So I’m thinking this is gona be mad loot. Quarts are $5 each so 4 quarts = 1 gallon so 1 gallon = $20 x 6 gallons = $120, right. I ask for a price check - $32 – I’ll take it. They don’t sell these to the customers; they use them in the shop that is attached to the store so when they enter it in the system they enter their cost as the price. So, 6 gallons of the good shit plus 2 filters came out to $45 – the price of one oil change using this oil.

it borders on kick ass!! how much $$ does pep-boys and other lage corps like that make?? if it was my local auto part shop then i would not screw them but these big corps - about time i catch a break

You paid cash in non-sequential bills, right?!!

LOL it just oil. I paid with my GF's CC so if they knock on the door tonight i am jumping out the back window and heading to Mexico - with my 6 gallons of earl

+1. When you realize it before you pay, it's stealing. You knew it was gallons and screwed them.

Here's the deal - the cashier called over the manager to make sure it was right and the manager gave the go ahead - was i suposed to ask to be charged more? Or mabe not take the item because i am "screwing them"? F that they made the mistake and still made the mistake after double checking with the manager. So all you perfect people can throw stones in your glass houses - or maybe your all a little jealous cuz you paid out the ass for oil every time - who knows but i don't give a F about what your consiens rule book says.

What would you have done? Asked to be charged more? Left without the oil? or Just accept the price? Huh saints?

Send that MNGR down here;)

Remember, he asked for a price check first! I would have said hold on then...let me pick up one more:)

Word i am going to pick up another after work. What would jesus do? Take the damn oil - thats what.

Karma is a bitch.

Karma - might be real, eaiser to come by - i'll go help an old lady carry her bags up some stairs or something

Money - defianly real and harder to come by

I can't believe this i just posted this for the hell of it and figured i get 1 or 2 "nice deal man" out of it but i see this is the Born Again Christian Legacy Owners Fourm

Well here's a question for you, if you owned a business and people snuck into your stock room and brought internal use store itmes to be rung out and lost a bunch of money how would you feel? If you caught someone doing it what would you do to them?

Damn what a steal... litterally! I guess you got lucky. I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes... except for going into their stock room. Not say anything about them mistakenly ringing up the wrong item.

When the ATI x800 video cards first came out, Best Buy had a 256mb version for $200. It was obviously a mistake on the price, because retail was $300+ at the time. Anyway, I went to check out and another cashier asked if that price was right, and the cashier that rung me up was like "ohh well", and so was I :icon_bigg .

These topics come through this board now and again (like the PC polisher Lowe's deal) and there always seems to be some argument about the moral dilemma. The reality is that the moral dilemma also mirrors the legal one. In contract law there is no doctrine of finders keepers or the right to profit from an honest mistake. If pep boys wanted to make a case out of this, they could. The fact is that there is business reason to pursue something like this but the fact that a company may not pursue a legal remedy does not make the act any more legal.

Don't get me wrong.. if it is PRICED on the shelf wrong... then it's fair game.

He went into the STOCK ROOM and picked it off the shelf. Not only that, but the item he picked up isn't even for sale to customers. It is for their service department (as he said). No wonder it rang up all screwy.

Oh... and as far as me being a "Born Again Christian" Legacy Owner, you obviously don't know me.....

Archived