LegacyGT.com

Tribeca FSB

Can anyone confirm that the Tribeca FSB will fit a BL chassis car?

I've been researching what SBs I'll use on my future BD chassis project car when it dawned on me I should look into swapping in the Tribeca FSB on my BL.

I've had the JDM RSB mounted up for years. All I did for the front, at the time, was install urethane FSB bushings. I can't recall how much bigger the JDM RSB is...I want to say it's 20mm and the OE LGT bar is 18mm.

As I understand, the Tribeca FSB is, effectively, a 22.25mm bar, based upon dimensions, so not so dramatic a change as one might think.

Anyone know if it'll work?

H2OSB

Ok, so what Forester end links do I use...front or rear?

When I first started seeing the discussions about using the B9 FSB, people were using STI REAR endlinks, however as I look up Forester endlinks, all of the images I see show FRONT endlinks as the correct configuration, i.e. S shape as opposed to C shape. At least, it appears, with aftermarket parts.

Can someone please clarify? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

EDIT: Nevermind, after looking through the ^^^ linked thread above, I see the C shaped endlinks are what's necessary for a BL installation. In my previous BD investigations, the S shaped endlinks were required.

H2OSB

Oh, indeed, the bar measures out to 25mm, however, due to the length of the arms, it ACTS like a 22.25mm bar. So if you already have a 22mm bar made for the Legacy, you really won't notice much of a difference, if any at all.

Personally, I think it's an amazing FSB...it fits on almost everything back to the first generation Legacy. You just have to be creative to fit it up.

I'm thinking it's gonna feel great on my car with Swift springs and the JDM 20mm RSB.

As far as bushings for this bar, I think Energy Suspension 25mm urethane units are the way to go....and only $18 at my local Autozone.

H2OSB

Sorry about that you can use STi/Forester rear links I ordered my Tribeca setup for $134 shipped I believe from an online vendor it isnt a tough install. I have a solid bar in the rear 21mm so effectively the both end of the car are balanced.

Archived