LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Well I used the Impreza kit which has the wiring, as well as the aux in box. I'm still trying to find a place to mount it, most likely I will mount it in the centre console. PArt number is in this document http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=190308

So this impreza kit worked with the spec b radio and you installed it in an 05 LGT/OBXT?

• 2 weeks later...
So i have been reading this post and i am still a little confused, if i get the 07 radio it will bolt on into 05 ok, but my factory sub won't work or i can make it work by cutting some wires, and will i get the aux-in and whats the installation dificulty ??

My sub still worked on my 05 (with an 07 stereo) and I didn't have to do anything tricky. Everything just plugged right in.

Though, the aux-in would have taken some work, so I haven't done it yet (and probably never will at this point).

So i have been reading this post and i am still a little confused, if i get the 07 radio it will bolt on into 05 ok, but my factory sub won't work or i can make it work by cutting some wires, and will i get the aux-in and whats the installation dificulty ??

Here is the info, except for the aux in.

2005 outback with factory underseat sub

LOTS OF SUBIE BUCKS!!! KING OF PARTS TOOK THEM AND HAD THE BEST PRICES

2007 spec B radio (bolt in hook up) # 86201AG67A

2007 sirius tuner (bolt in hook up) # H621SXA100

Radio Shack Sirius Antenna (hooks right up) Radio Shack 1200156 Accurian 12-156 (Because this antenna is outside the car reception is perfect)

Looks like the impreza kit for the aux in may work Ill be trying it out soon and let everyone know unless anyone else has done it.

did you use the spec b radio or regular 07 LGT limited, i just want to make sure, what do you have to do to nake the Aux work?

spec b and LGT radio have the same part number I believe but I would check with the dealer.

Be aware you may not be able to get the 2007 radio anymore as that is what I was told but could be wrong, Im not sure 100%. See a few posts back where I commented on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any luck ordering the '07 radio recently? I tried subarugenuineparts.com and "thekingofparts" that were recommended on this thread. The first allowed me to order the part but then canceled my order because the part is "available only for warranty replacement". And the king has been deposed, or at least their website is dead.

I also sent emails to a few places listed on copartfinder but got no response. Probably should have phoned but now I'm out of patience so I'm ordering through the stealership.

The King of Parts has changed it's name. The above is what they've changed to. ;)

I would check for wrecked '07's as I don't think you can get these through the dealerships any longer. If that's changed, then you're in luck.

Cheers!

Anybody have any luck ordering the '07 radio recently? I tried subarugenuineparts.com and "thekingofparts" that were recommended on this thread. The first allowed me to order the part but then canceled my order because the part is "available only for warranty replacement". And the king has been deposed, or at least their website is dead.

If your car happens to be in an accident, and you are friendly with the body shop owner, have him add the part number for the radio to his parts order.

If your car happens to be in an accident, and you are friendly with the body shop owner, have him add the part number for the radio to his parts order.

It was and I tried to but the dealership said there would be no returns on the part since it wasn't for the right model year. They also wouldn't guarantee that it fits etc etc.

Anyway bodyshop said they couldn't take the risk so I called the dealership and placed the order myself. Apparently there's one in IN and I'll get it next week. I'll be out of town unfortunately but I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Been without reliable HVAC for 16 days now (100% dead for 6). Luckily I can roll down the window to cool off and crank the seat heater to stay warm. If the radio goes I might just lose it. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Sure - $520, after a 10% coupon I found on my.subaru.com.

The SRS WOW feature is well worth the upgrade. Haven't done the aux-in yet, probably tackle that sometime soon.

John

And it is indeed correct that you only need the one part number

86201AG67A, not the second "face plate" part number listed in post #1 ?

And you MIGHT want to add the $14+ aux-in kit 86257XA10A if for some

reason you don't want to just buy a 1/8" audio jack from RadioShack ?

Edited by RustyShackleford