LegacyGT.com

Snap in 4/5 point harness?

rosscarlson

Does anyone know where you can find the 4/5 point harnesses that click into the rear seat belts? I don't want to put in a harness bar or roll cage, I just want something to hold me a little tighter when I do track days. I've search all over and can't figure out what terms to narrow down what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Ross

Cute - yeah I want something a little less, err, ghetto than that! I'm not really looking for safety (I'm not pushing that hard) I just want a little extra hold, I'm thin and tend to slide/shift around a lot in the corners...

I was hoping Schroth would make one for our cars, but the never did. I even traced the patter of our lap belt buckle onto a napkin and walked around to all the different model year STi's in the pits at a track event, unfortunately, none of them use the same style belt.

With that said, I've walked away from my last two track events with significantly less fatigue in my lower back, sides, and arms by going the DIY CG lock route. I slide my seat all the way back, unbuckle the seat belt and get the mechanism to lock with the buckle still about 2" shy of the latch, then snap in the belt and slide my seat forwards into my prefered driving position. The locked belt held me in place in the stock seat quite well and allowed me to relax my arms much more through the turns, rather than trying to hold myself in place.

Hope that helps.

Thanks trackhore, that's good to know. I'll keep looking, seems like this wouldn't be that hard to find (or make myself). I've always used the seat/lock trick you mentioned but as I am rather thin real harnesses just hold me so much better.

-Ross

Does anyone know where you can find the 4/5 point harnesses that click into the rear seat belts? I don't want to put in a harness bar or roll cage, I just want something to hold me a little tighter when I do track days. I've search all over and can't figure out what terms to narrow down what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Ross

:whore:

:munch:

• 2 years later...

Archived