LegacyGT.com

Why so many 2005/2006 cars?

TylerSVT

My opinion, people with 05 & 06 cars were already Subaru legacy fans and the return of the turbo and the new shell drew many to sales floors. 07-08, in my opinion is the best looking so far, but I found some issues. And it doesn't hurt that the SpecB was released in 06... Don't get me wrong, I love my 2012 LGT, but if my 09 had the same interior and room...

i asked this same question a couple years ago... lol

Based on the responses that i got then, and my own take on things... i think its likely cuz they are the oldest of the 4th generations, and typically the most affordable.

Also, why the crowd appears to be getting a bit younger in the legacy world.... because the 4th gens get cheaper by the day. Making it easier for a highschooler or college kid to afford an AWD, solid, reliable car, that is relatively easy to mod.

When i first bought my 09, it seemed like no one else had an 08-09... now there are certainly more 08-09's on the forum. But again, more of the 08's.

I really just want an 07 with the added features, they just seem impossible to find.

07 was a short model year in North America. The rest of the world got the refresh in 2007, we had to wait until 2008. But our 2008 model year started in late spring.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I still see almost no 08's even 09 is pretty rare considering the 3 year leases should have been over by now.

The folding rear seats, ipod controls and other minor changes are massive in my opinion. They are easily worth that much more than an 05 could get you.

Still have my '05 and still running strong.

Another reason for so many '05 is when the economy took a big hit in '06. Not too many people were out buying cars during the recession, and the auto industry took a big hit. Therefore, this is one of the reasons why you don't see to many '07 - '09.

My wife's balls are delicious.

For a lot of ppl... it has nothing to do with the love to see the sky... But more so, the fact that it lowers the headliner of the car a couple inches.

i have a few tall friends that wont buy a car with a sunroof if possible, as they lose headroom.

For a lot of ppl... it has nothing to do with the love to see the sky... But more so, the fact that it lowers the headliner of the car a couple inches.

i have a few tall friends that wont buy a car with a sunroof if possible, as they lose headroom.

I'm 6'2.5" and I still have 2+ inches above my head with the sunroof.

When girls discover how easy it is to stand up through the sunroof from the back seat, it makes it worth it :p

Lol. Had to get that quarter inch in. Lol

Yeah. The leggies aren't as bad as other cars. But they still do borrow from the headspace for the sunroof. Height is relevant, but posture and torso 'height' is the most relevant.

Archived