LegacyGT.com

1991 Subaru Legacy GT For Sale

Hey, I am new to this forum. I have a 1991 Legacy GT and I am looking to sell it. It is in very good condition with only one spot of rust on car. Very good runner. New timing belt, drive shaft pulley, water pump, cv axles, and more. New tires less than a month old. Looking to get around $4000. Let me know if your interested or advice about selling or price. Pics will come soon. Thanks, Clif

What is wrong? It has about 138,000 miles and has one spot of rust on the passenger front fender behind the tire. The car was sprayed with a rubbery undercoating that prevented it from rusting. Minus the spot of rust on the fender I would say the car is 95% rust free. Will get pics soon

FYI....Kelly Blue Book Private Party (Excellent Condition) value is ~ $1,600

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/subaru/legacy/1991/private-party-value/pricing-report?condition=excellent&id=11522&equipment=404477|true|404590|true|404590|false|404585|true&mileage=138000#survey

I'd put you car value in the condition, based on pictures, and assuming everything is running perfect and can pass any state required inspections at $1,000 to $1,200.

I'd craigslist that thing or part it out.

For $4,000 I'd sell my 1997 LGT wagon and I'm from Maryland where serious frame rust isn't a problem (well maybe sometimes, but it's rare).

you cant compare your 97 to a rare piece of history. his price is right where it should be. you cant use kbb for a car like this.

i just sold a 91 SS 5MT with the engine and trans removed for 2500. i also have a 93 SS auto im selling for 2500.

Yeah, KBB is pretty much useless for highly sought after cars. Go on legacycentral.org and there are more WTB ads for these cars than for sale posts.

The 5spd certainly adds another grand easily, over the AT.

^^^ exactly. manuals brings more money. go to legacycentral for more info. these cars are not the normal legacy like the 95 to 03. you just cant compare the two. i have a black 91 SS 5MT. (one of only a few if not the only one in the north east) its got a hybrid swap with full interior swap. that car would easily bring 10k.(kinda like a 93-01 impreza with a sti swap) they bring 10k and up. sometimes 15k. but nobody complains when someone wants that price. even though a 93 impreza L goes for 900 bucks in good condition. the red 91 SS 5MT i have i sold for 2500 only becasue the engine and trans was removed but is included. if it was complete i could get 4k. the white 93 i have is an auto, runs and drives good. just needs a paint job. but i can still get 2500 for it.

you should ask 4k on that site as well. those are the guys you should give breaks to. there the ones that will apprieciate the car. but if someone offered you 3700 i wouldnt turn it down. atleast on that site, you will see progress of the car in years to come.

LOL the SS is somehow collectible? Well, I wish the best to ya, it's always good for everyone when car sells for more than book. I personally would not pay anywhere near that. I guess I was also looking at it from the point of view of what else is out there. A Subaru only person may see the value, but I doubt anyone not intimately familiar with the model, engines, etc. would fork over that much, especially with the book value being low.

You could always but it up on ebay, craigslist, vehix, etc., etc. and see what the response is there.

it will be a collector next year. and for a subaru with the only closed deck block ever made in the USA. that right there is worth money. the block alone is worth some cash. so yes, the SS is a collectable. and it should go to someone who is only a subaru person. atleast the car will be well taken care of.

Collectability is all about demand, has nothing to do with the year. Look at the 1980s. You can't give those cars away yet they are technically old enough to be considered 'classic' by DOT registrations and such. I think (aside from a few models) true across the board 'collectibles' ended in 1973.

This is one thing I'm not that knowledgeable about...but I believe the closed block thing is only relevant in Subie form for Subie engines. Closed block aren't all that uncommon. But I sure could be wrong...more familiar with muscle cars and larger displacement cars in regards to motors.

Archived