LegacyGT.com

Heater hoses

I replaced my heater hoses today because they were getting a little questionable and was an idiot and dident pay close attention to how they were routed. I sware they went motor top pipe to heater core bottom, and motor bottom to Heater core upper....everyone asks this question and no one ever answers it, I searched and found tons of threads asking, but no one ever says weather it's right or not and some people hook it up how I did and others top to top bottom to bottom.

Someone mind running out and popping there hood to look?

Well, I think I am wrong. From reading the coolant flow diagram the pipe coming out of the crossover should be the heater core inlet, and the pipe returning to the water pump should be the heater core outlet.

This would mean top to top bottom to bottom

So which "color" hose goes where? One has a red arrow, and one has a white arrow -- Regardless of the flow, is it still red on top, white on bottom and top to top, bottom to bottom?

Also, what does the smaller nipple near those connect to?

I can take a pic. The one coming from the coolant cross over is the inlet (top pipe on engine side)and goes on the bottom heater core pipe. The one that comes up from the water pump ( bottom pipe on engine side) goes to top hearer core pipe.

The little nipple I don't 100% recall, but I am 99% sure it's the throttle body coolant hose. I'll look later to be sure.

Archived