LegacyGT.com

Underdog is probably the best vendor ever...

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Underdog, I can't compliment the guy enough on helping me out and working with me. While I'm sure there are other great vendors on this site and others, The customer service and information he provided me while selecting my brake upgrade was excellent excellent EXCELLENT!!!

I pm'd him back in Feb/March when he replied to a specific question in one of my posts about my brakes. He quoted me then and gave me more information about specific part #'s and what not but I wasn't quite ready to purchase then and he didn't make a single peep about it. Well fast forward to now, when I'm ready to make the purchase. I've been doing some research on prices and found a really good deal, something I didn't think anyone would price match. I then remembered Underdog helping me out earlier and decided to give him a chance and asked him if he would price match.

And I quote, "Ouch. That is super tight, but I will do it to earn your business."

I'm sure it left him with little to no profit margin but he did it (Already winning at this point) I then ask him if he would accept a CC and he stated that even though he gets charged a little more for CC transactions VS Paypal he would do it for me. He answered a few more questions for me and then processed my order. Super great vendor and I'm sure a standup guy in person.

Once again, THANKS UNDERDOG!!!

I know you feel you had to vent, but most of know that he's a stand up guy. :)

Now a days, good customer service is hard to come by but GREAT customer service is almost unheard of... I just wanted to share my experience with him and let others know, I know a lot of people do business based off of reviews so why not put one up for him. :rolleyes:

Wow - thanks for the kind words! I'm always happy to help out my fellow LGT/OBXT owners, and customers like you make it easy!

Even though this business is my sole means of income, I consider myself an enthusiast first and a vendor second. I've been here since January '06 and plan on sticking around for the long-haul. :)

Hey Rick, sell me parts too!!! LOL. Yes, we all appreciate Rick (Underdog) as he has given countless hours of his life to assisting LGT owners and steering them clear of pitfalls. No BS.

I would probably let him work on my own cars if I was more well off (see could afford to pay him to perform the work) and not such a anal, crotchety, jaded old fart (and 3000 miles away).

I remember selling you parts when I was working at FBP back in '09 - thousand dollar orders like every other week. :lol:

When you struck out on your own it was just the inspiration I needed. Now I'm buying IP&T-branded parts and watching the well-deserved meteoric rise in popularity of your business. No doubt due to the "get things done" mentality you left off the list of your attributes.

Quite the compliment though Mike, thanks. I wish I could see more of your work first-hand as I'm sure you have lots to teach. "Bonus point for style" is something I learned from you that I have carried over into every job I do.

I remember selling you parts when I was working at FBP back in '09 - thousand dollar orders like every other week. :lol:

"Bonus point for style" is something I learned from you that I have carried over into every job I do.

I remember well when I had a kick arse job that paid over 6 figures a year, no house payment or rent, no kids and at least a $1500 (if not $3000) per month budget for mods. Yeah, I think I made Jeremy very happy every time I called too, Lol.

Glad to hear some else picked up on the "motto" and put it to use. An old race sponsor said it to me many years ago and it stuck. He was Ok with the fact that my season was not going as planned because the farther I slipped from the lead the more freestyle I through in. People actually paid attention to a bike not up front.

Now everyone go buy something from Rick so he can have a Prime Rib and some Lobster on the BBQ for the 4th.

I am sure he's a great guy.

The question is will you ever let him make money or will your next purchase also be a price match? Cause the way I see it, he helped you a lot and you won't pay for that help.

Keep him in mind next time and let him make some money.

Archived