LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: Logging cables for 05-06 Legacy

JamiSteven

Good evening guys/gals! Im posting this here as sort of a feeler to gauge interest in the correct cable for both logging and flashing, as an alternative to the Tactrix cable. As many of you know this cable was available for a long time through Chinese and Japanese resellers via eBay but the majority of factories creating them recently stopped and have been using the FT232RL chipset which doesnt work with our cars.

I have been working with a supplier on getting these cables in bulk and would like to see exactly how many people here would be interested so that I can put together a product order that isnt over inflated.. I already have one prototype here that Ill be testing throughout the week and will be ordering more if all goes as planned.

Cables will be 35.00 Shipped, 1 year warranty, and myself stateside should something go wrong this can easily be returned for a replacement or return.

Ill most likely sell them through Amazon.

If your interested just reply in this thread, thanks!!!

**UPDATE**

After receiving three batches of unsatisfactory prototype cables, I have decided to quit this project all together. The cables I have received have all been horrible quality and would not be something I would be willing to put my name behind. If anyone in the Nashville area would like to pick one up for testing/flashing, just let me know. They work, but are very cheaply made and not something I would be interested in mass producing.

$35 shipped still aint too bad

Thanks! Im still working on the cheapest way of shipping them. I know USPS is super cheap but ide like some form of protection against them being thrown around during shipment and the padded envelopes I dont think will cut it... The price may be brought down to 25-30 if I can work something out and get cheaper bulk shipping from Japan to hear or if I can reduce my shipping costs stateside... we'll see what happens.

Subscribe. I've been holding off on flashing since the $15 cables that log and flash properly have dried up apparently. I'm at stage worse-than-stock with upgrades so I'm not forced to spend the money on the tactrix option yet.

If a <$50 option became available I would pay for it.

Sending one out to a member here for additional testing (flashing), as ive just dialed my car in and dont really want to do any more flashing at the moment as my tuner is pretty far from here.

Ill keep you guys posted but anticipate I should be able to start shipping cables within the next two weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

So the problem I have at this point is I dont have anyone to try and flash a ROM to their ECU, I sent my one good prototype cable to a user here to beta test and now he wont respond to my emails...

I have five more prototypes coming in and if these guys work ill be ordering more (I suspect they should).

Archived