LegacyGT.com

Parking lights won't go out

It's common on European cars. In countries where there aren't tons of street lights around, particularly in the countryside, people would run into each others cars especially when it was really foggy. These lights are meant to be left on at night or when there is poor visibility due to fog or snow storms. The lights use very little energy (ask me how I know). I had them on for two days straight till I figured it out.
____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

don't feel too bad.. when I sold my leggy I got a phone call from the new owner basically accusing me of selling him a lemon with screwed up electricals that caused the battery to run flat etc etc as the lights would never go off.... there was embarassed silence on the end of the line when I explained the parking light switch.....

It's common on European cars. In countries where there aren't tons of street lights around, particularly in the countryside, people would run into each others cars especially when it was really foggy. These lights are meant to be left on at night or when there is poor visibility due to fog or snow storms. The lights use very little energy (ask me how I know). I had them on for two days straight till I figured it out.

It's a legal requirement here to be able to turn on the parking lights if you are parking by the road side where your car may be a hazard.

However I prefer that switch over how it works in the '10 I have now.

453747.png

Wow, im so used to that switch that I don't even think twice about it, guess that's what I get for owning leggos since I could drive. I feel kinda bad, for a sec I thought somebody was trolling

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Wow, so there IS a sensible reason for them! Ever since I first went through the exact same thing as the OP, I've been trying to find a purpose for that switch. :spin:

Glad I finally know of one :)

So how DO you know the parking lights have very little draw?

well all cars have the parking lights..

its just because subaru has the heads lights turn off with the key.

so they put the swtich so one can turn the lights on with out leaving the keys in the ignition.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

:whore:This^

I just think the way Subaru does it is a bit confusing for new/unfamiliar owners. In my VW they were actuated by leaving the blinker stalk to the side you wanted on. If you wanted your left parking lights on, you pressed the blinker stalk down like when turning on your left blinker. This would leave the left parking lights and side-marker on.

Archived