LegacyGT.com

AP install, car died at idle yesterday??

speddmn

Just got an AP installed monday night, yesterday while going home from work the car just died at a stop light??? Its just got an AP and intake silencer removed (stg1 tune). It started right back up and made no funny noise but is this to be expected in the coming cold months? it was about 25% warm according to the moron-o-meter... :confused:

After a flash, I just start driving. There's no difference.

I allow the car to idle for only a few seconds but that is only to allow the front O2 sensor to warm up. If you log CL/OL status, it will be 7 during warm up. When it changes to 8, the car is ready to go. It has nothing to do with a flash.

What's it going to learn? The IAM doesn't affect low load driving (such as idle). AVCS takes some time to calibrate but it doesn't really affect low load driving. The only thing that changes is AFR Learning A. If you have a good MAF scale, then you should be good to go.

I don't know of any throttle settings that have to be learned.

There might be some TCU stuff but OP didn't say if he had a 5EAT or 5MT.

After a flash, I just start driving. There's no difference.

I allow the car to idle for only a few seconds but that is only to allow the front O2 sensor to warm up. If you log CL/OL status, it will be 7 during warm up. When it changes to 8, the car is ready to go. It has nothing to do with a flash.

What's it going to learn? The IAM doesn't affect low load driving (such as idle). AVCS takes some time to calibrate but it doesn't really affect low load driving. The only thing that changes is AFR Learning A. If you have a good MAF scale, then you should be good to go.

I don't know of any throttle settings that have to be learned.

There might be some TCU stuff but OP didn't say if he had a 5EAT or 5MT.

It is throttle by wire, you can't just flash the car and expect the ECU to know where to set the throttle position to idle. The TPS has to learn. Cold or warm engine, it will have a shakey idle or possibly stall. With TGV deletes it gets even worst, as well with colder temps. I have experienced this with multiple cars so it is not limited to just mine.

It is throttle by wire, you can't just flash the car and expect the ECU to know where to set the throttle position to idle. The TPS has to learn. Cold or warm engine, it will have a shakey idle or possibly stall. With TGV deletes it gets even worst, as well with colder temps. I have experienced this with multiple cars so it is not limited to just mine.

It is a feedback system. I don't believe there is any calibration involved. I can attest from personal experience that mine works right after a flash.

You can test it for yourself. Flash the car and then log accelerator peddle and throttle position. You can relate the two using the TPS table.

The cold temperature starts and TGVs have nothing to do with this discussion since we are talking about the changes right a reflash.

It is a feedback system. I don't believe there is any calibration involved. I can attest from personal experience that mine works right after a flash.

You can test it for yourself. Flash the car and then log accelerator peddle and throttle position. You can relate the two using the TPS table.

The cold temperature starts and TGVs have nothing to do with this discussion since we are talking about the changes right a reflash.

I was actually going to do so, I was searching for like the last 45 mins trying to find where I read it.

But it make sense as there is no idle key. Also if you play with the throttle plate, you can feel the feedback difference from a cable plate.

As far as cold starts, it relates in my mind as the stumble is even more edvident as with the TGV's. Remeber I am in SoCal it only gets so cold, 45-50 at worst ;)

Same thing happened to me when I initialized the AP but I did a bonehead maneouver and forget to remove the initializing connector. Even when I disconnected it it ran rough for a day. Eventually it smoothed out and now runs like a charm.

Archived