LegacyGT.com

HeadLight/Electircal Problem

We just picked up a brand new 2008 2.5i SE. Car has 50 miles on it. Today I noticed that the drivers side headlight is very dim and the DRLs are not working. I don't know if this is a new thing, but I also noticed that the high beam bulbs have a low light output when the low beams are on. As well as the high beam on the driver's side not working when the high beams are turned on :eek:. Any ideas?

Thanks

On the '08's the Highbeams are the daytime running lights although they use a lower voltage than the full high-beams. As far as the other concersn, sounds like a blown headlight fuse.

Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure there is no light when in drive with the handbrake down, which makes me think that something else is wrong with the DRLs. But that is an interesting note about the high beams being the DRLs.

Thanks

Trade the car in for a new one.......... preferably from a reliable manufacturer. :p

(That doesnt sound right at all, I'll look at it on Sat.)

Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm going to see if they can check it out tomorrow, get a free oil change out of it or something. Bastards. :mad:

Not 100% on this one but, I believe that changing the oil during the break-in period (or first 3000 miles) is not recommended.

You could get them to change yours......maybe? Probably not.

Let me check it out first so when you take it in you know the real problem and they don't try to say:

"Well, it seems your leaking headlight oil, but since we're so nice we'll fix it under warranty" or something the gh3y like that.

I may be coming down tonight...............

Sounds like you've got it fixed, which is great. The other thing I was thinking it might have been when I read your first post was that someone had mis-installed a replacement bulb. I found out the hard way that it IS possible to install the bulb backwards (polarity reversed). I replaced a bulb and the output was very dim. (Not sure about the DRL's since mine are disabled.) I took a look at the bulb and realized I had it in the wrong orientation, so I put it in the right way and it has worked fine since.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived