LegacyGT.com

Anyone have goodknowledge of turbos for '09 legacy 2.5i?

bows09legacy

Im recently looking into getting a stage 1 or 2 turbo kit in my 09 legacy. I dont want to put down extra cash for new hood and top intake, so Im wondering if there is somewhere I can find a kit that can be dropeed in with only minor changes.

Seriously, just spend the $3000 toward trading your car in for an LGT. Adding a turbo will not even come close to turning your car into a LGT. It will still have less power than a STOCK LGT and handle worse, stop worse and a variety of other issues.

If you want to do it to be different do it but you obviously have budget issues and heavily modding a car that you could otherwise trade in or sell is not a good plan.

Awesome, spend 3000 just to be disappointed AND ruin your car for resale or put it all back to stock and resell your turbo kit for half price having lose $1500 in labor in total (or in time spent).

Your car is pretty new, tradeable and if $3000 is reasonable to ruin a car, $5000 financed is fine to upgrade.

Now Im glad to have jumped on this forum. I really don't know enough about turbos and what not. Thanks for the imput on a possible trade in. I do still wonder though how much better this turbo kit from avo will be once it comes out. But I'll definatly keep that other thought in mind.

^understand that I am not trying to be a dick but every other day a newb comes on wanting turbo their n/a subie.

The reality is that an LGT with a basic reflash is a major power jump for next to nothing. A simple couple of exhaust bits and you are monsterous. I am just under 50% over OEM power level!

LGT have bigger brakes, better suspension and a variety of other things. You do not have the same engine internals. You CANNOT turn up the boost without blowing up your motor. 6psi? Woo-woo. Sounds disappointing even at 10psi considering I am boosting 20psi and stock turbo reflashed LGT boost 17lbs conservatively to keep the oem TMIC from blowing its endtanks.

My HONEST, no dick suggestion???

PUT YOUR WALLET AWAY AND READ, READ, READ.

I'm in the same boat as you. My car has everything I want, and I mean everything, with the exception of a turbo. I've done suspension upgrades, open source tune, it has the HK audio, sunroof, heated seats, fogs, desired color combo.....but no turbo. It's going to be a tough decision for me personally, this is my first car in my name, first loan in my name, it took a LOT of work to get even approved for the loan. Now to try and go the route of trading when I got this car 3 months ago, and it only has 19k miles! It's gunna be such a toss up.....I'm waiting to see how the AVO kit performs.

Well at least Im getting good info from people on here before jumping the gun. Worst case I just wont get a turbo in the end. Ive ordered interior and exterior undercarrage LEDs for my legacy, good thing is if I do a trade in for a 09 LGT, i'll still be able to put the lights on. Im headin to subaru today to see what they can do for me prior to starting. did you get the subaru brand exhaust for urs or aftermarket? i havent heard much about subaru brand performace parts and their dependability.

Dont bother with SPT parts unless you've got $$$.

Wow bro, you are in Maine. The PNW thread has a lot of contacts in your area and a lot of modded cars around. If I were you, I would stop wasting time waxing about what you may or may not want when you don't ultimately know.

GO GET A RIDE IN MEMBERS LGT's. Seriously.

When people tell me they want to upgrade turbo, I ask what turbo cars they have ridden/driven and what turbo LGT stage 3 turbos they have felt. If the answer is "none"... My answer is ALWAYS go get a ride in a forum members car.

Personally, I am a huge fan of MSprank's e85 fp hta68 insanomobile, ItsMe's 20g Wagon and am still waiting on a ride from Drew and his bnr hta68 pump gas ride and looking to ride in a 16g turbo to compare to my vf39.

Hope you understand what I mean.

bows and bmx, you should listen to what LALGT says. The difference between NA Legacy and GT is not just the turbo - add motor internals, ECU, steering, diff, this is what I recall, there may be more. If you want the GT, trade in the NA in for it.

If you happy with your 2.5i and only wish for better handling, you can do some suspension mods - those are cheap (sort of) and can be easily moved from car to car. For performance, learn to downshift.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived