LegacyGT.com

More problems with my legacy

Ok, Im starting to get annoyed. I just got my Lgt back from the shop, where it has been for the past two weeks. I took it in there, they replaced a missing nut on the turbo, I drove it home, and then it started rattling. I took it back, and they said the turbo was shot. So I leave it in there for a week, where they replace the turbo and test run it. They had problems with it, and apparantly the new turbo was ruined. So they put another new turbo in it, and replaced the oil lines. I finally get it today, and I drive home. I restart it to pull it into the garage, and the check engine light is on. It might be something small, but I have a feeling it isnt. This car has been so many headaches for me, and I dont know why. Everyone on here seems to love the leggy, and says they are great cars. Why am I haveing so many problems. Ok just needed to vent. But I am going to have the check engine light diagnosed to see what the problem is. Also, if this means anything to anyone, when turning the engine over, it requires a long turn over to start. Maybe 3 or 4 seconds.

Turns out more metal particals in the engine solenoids to stick. I am pissed. They are going to reflush the system, clean the solenoids, and see what that does. I am so close to getting it fixed, and saying screw it and get a different car.

Guest PeteAWD
Quite honestly, most technicians think it is just a Subaru. NOT, I had a lot of headaches with my LGT at one point. You really need a tech that knows these vehicles well. i.e. One missed step, one hose or line not tightened properly, the car will let you know there is a problem. It is imperative you implore that they drive the vehicle at least 15 miles before they return it to you. If it is not test driven enough, sometimes you'll get it back drive it for a while, then a light comes on. I go to my private guy for small stuff. For more complex issues I go to the dealer and request the senior tech.

Archived