LegacyGT.com

Time for new LCA bushings

RJS5689

We noticed my LCA bushings were cracked when we did my 60K service. I have been doing some research on here about replacement bushings. From what I have read it it looks like I really like the sound of offset bushings. I hate how much this car wanders and how terribly sloppy the on-center steering feel is. I do have a question about offset LCA bushings:

I understand I will now have more caster, but is camber going to be affected at all? I know I will need an alignment done after the install, so will they just dial in the factory spec camber adjustment?

I also read some people saying my wheel will be pushed forward. I am running factory 18" on a factory height vehicle, I shouldn't have any clearance issues though, should I?

Adding more caster by definition will move your wheels forward, that's what caster is. You will not have clearance issues. You should be able to adjust camber back to stock with the stock camber bolts.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

No clue, I can't even find what I'm looking for. It looks like some companies call them "anti caster kits"?

yup, anti caster/caster, anti-dive, rear bushing, a bunch of names. I just ordered a set of the AVO Bushings. Should hopefully put them in next weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

yup, anti caster/caster, anti-dive, rear bushing, a bunch of names. I just ordered a set of the AVO Bushings. Should hopefully put them in next weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

Sounds good! Looks like we're both in the 914. Who are you having do your work?

I think I may go with the Perrin PSRS. A few members on here seem to highly recommend the kit.

I'm planning on doing the install myself with a friend. We should be able to do it along with a bunch of other installs.

The Perrin does have good reviews -- however I have read they are the hardest/stiffest (and therefore will increase NVH the most) of the bushing replacements. I got a good deal on the AVOs from Fred Beans so I just went with that.

I'm planning on doing the install myself with a friend. We should be able to do it along with a bunch of other installs.

The Perrin does have good reviews -- however I have read they are the hardest/stiffest (and therefore will increase NVH the most) of the bushing replacements. I got a good deal on the AVOs from Fred Beans so I just went with that.

Yea, my car makes the worst clunks and noises I have heard of any car. I don't think the noise from the Perrin will bother me that much. Seriously my car sounds like it's falling apart already. I'll gladly take the added performance of stiffer/harder bushings despite a little added noise. I'm going through Fred Beans also. I did notice they had the AVO ones at a good price. Are the AVO ones offset? I noticed Fred Beans lists a "AVO Subaru Legacy GT Front LCA Bushing Set" and a "AVO Subaru Legacy GT Lower Arm Bushing Kits" What's the difference between these two kits? I'm assuming it's the second kit you went with? The one that replaces the rear lower bushings? Those seem to be the ones that crack.

If I remember correctly, they're the same bushings, just one is offset and one is not. I went with the offsets.

I just had the standard SuperPro bushings installed. So far so good. I also had the front LCA replaced with SuperPros.....ordered from Fred Beans.

Here are the rear bushings for the front LCA's....

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/suspension-parts/bushings-mounts/superpro-subaru-legacy-gt-lower-control-arm-bushings.html

Here are the front bushings for the front LCA's....

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/suspension-parts/bushings-mounts/superpro-subaru-legacy-gt-front-control-arm-bushings.html

Hope this helps...

Archived