LegacyGT.com

Got pulled over in Acton, MA tonite for one thing than cop notices my Sti Genomes

LegacyMUN2k6

I was leaving work around 7pm tonite. I turn left onto 119 see a acton cop parked right next to the acton gas sign. A few miles later I notice him following me for a couple of miles than bamm the blue lights turn on and I pull over to the side. He had pulled me over because my rear turn signals were white,( originally had replaced with clear slyvanis because the original bulbs had burned out.) He than said the rear of the car was busy because he could not see the massachusetts on the plate, because of the subaru of nashua bracket and also because I had illegally modified exhaust(, its funny I've had these genomes on for over two years and passed two inspections with them.) I've been pulled over in NH and MA with these on and a cop has never said anything about them before.

In end all he gave me was a warning and some printout about massahseutts exhaust laws and the main points of this law highlighted.

I just amazes me how many Sti's or WRX's I sere driving thru acton with just fart can that is about 10x the decibel level of my Sti Genomes.

I really don't want to remove these and have to install the oem cans.

sounds like a bored cop. if you pass inspection with the exhaust you're all set. I'd consider replacing the turn signals though, back to something orange. That is something they might give you a ticket for next time, if the cop mentioned it in the warning.

Archived